Question

Interested in AMM

• 25 March 2022
  • 2 replies

We are a long time Vantage user who just in the past year upgraded from Vantage 6.1 to E10.  I used to be very active in the old CPAVUG back when the content was more relatable to us, but I feel rather disconnected from the local Epicor community now.

Overall, our upgrade went well with minimal disruption to our business.  We’ve been preoccupied with becoming fluent in E10 and are now looking to expand usage of the product.

After a few demos from Epicor, AMM has become rather attractive to us.  It’s obvious it has far reaching implications though, and while we can see benefit in certain areas, it’s very difficult to see what negative impacts it may introduce.  Real world feedback would be extremely helpful.

Would anyone be willing to either spend a few minutes telling us about your experience, both positive and negative, or provide us with a good referral of someone who could help guide us in decision making and implementation?

Thanks,

John Mahala

KRB Machinery

2 replies

Userlevel 3

@jpmahala, check out the following:

https://www.epiusers.help/t/why-are-there-entries-in-the-material-queue-manager/80217

Regards,

Userlevel 3

Would anyone be willing to either spend a few minutes telling us about your experience, both positive and negative, or provide us with a good referral of someone who could help guide us in decision making and implementation?

Hey @jpmahala, good to see that you’ve returned!

Obviously, two months have passed since you posted your question, so you may have already made your decision regarding AMM.  As you indicated, there are benefits in certain areas, and I presume that the primary benefit that you see/want is Fulfillment Workbench.  If that functionality is the driver, then you really don’t have any choice since licensing AMM is the only way to get FWB.  However, in my opinion, AMM definitely has some drawbacks.  It complicates your receiving process, because all receipts to stock will default to the receiving warehouse/bin specified in your AMM setup rather than to the primary warehouse/bin specified for your parts.  Also, while AMM gives you the able to track material moving through your processes, the burden associated with handling the move requests and managing the material request queue may be greater than the benefit derived.

If you haven’t already decided, then I suggest that you request having AMM as a topic at the upcoming regional meeting.  That will help Doug build the agenda!

Regards,