Solved

AP Invoice Group Locked by DocStar

• 30 September 2022
  • 6 replies

We are very new to the use of DocStar.  We have it automating the AP invoice entry.  By default, DocStar will put the invoice into a AP group called “DS”.  If accidently have an AP go into that group and we want to change it in Epicor, we get an error when trying to open that group.  The message is “ The group is in use by DocStar and may not be selected?.  Is this normal behavior?  How can i get into this group and remove the invoice?  Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by utaylor 30 September 2022, 18:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

When you go to AP Invoice Entry and click the Group button, the search window will identify if the group is currently in use or not.  As indicated by the screen shot below:

Group MS300922 is in use by mstewart, so changes will not be allowed to that group.  We are not using DocStar, but if it is creating a new group each day or each time it runs, it may not be releasing the previous group.  The only way I have been able to release a locked group, is to sign on as the user and close out of the group properly.  Have you tried signing on as the DocStar user and releasing the group?

The only way I know how to resolve this is by logging into Epicor as that user, “DocStar.”

I assume you have a user in epicor called Docstar.

Thanks for the responses.  We do have a user called DocStar.  I could log in as the user and close it but I wonder if that would make DocStar stop working?  More so wondered if this is normal behavior? Or is something misconfigured.  

We have DocStar and WorkFlow V1 integrated with Epicor 10.2.500.32.  The DS Group is the default defined in the workflow. When the invoice header is created it's placed in the DS Group by design. 

If you restart the workflow for a particular invoice, DS - ECM is supposed to prompt you if it should delete the invoice. If you select yes, the invoice will be deleted. 

If you log in to Epicor DocStar account and delete the unposted invoice from the Group, you will need to restart the workflow and submit it. 

When you submit, the invoice is moved from the DS to the final Group for final review and posting.

I logged in as the service account and was able to go into the batch and delete the invoices.  Thanks to everyone for their help!

I created a new Docstar workflow, that the AP group can pass the Invoice too in Docstar and it removes it from the locked AP group - they can then delete the invoice in Docstar if needed.