Solved

MRP to generate Unfirm Jobs per the SO already entered not Forecast

• 26 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get MRP suggestions per SO instead of by Date. We currently use Forecast entry to enter our Customers demand. We also enter SOs before we run MRP daily. But if I run MRP after enter 5 SO for the same product due the same day I just get 1 MRP suggestion when I really have to make 5 jobs so they ship and bill per the POs we receive from our customer. Also I have to have these 5 orders as some of these jobs take a lot of run time on a machine so we try and break them up for production planning purposes. Am I just missing a step somewhere in MRP or a setting feature? or does Epicor not work like that? 

Currently I am just stealing any other MRP suggestions that come up for later dates or if there is none I have to create a quick job to enter these then just re run MRP to pull the forecast demand in after I firm up my jobs.

icon

Best answer by tshoemaker 7 June 2023, 04:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

I wonder what the effect would be if you chose Order/Line/Release numbering of manufacturing jobs, which is one of the options, when an unfirm (suggestion) job is firmed and released in Job Status Maintenance, which has demand for two or more orders in it.  If it’s designed correctly, seems like it would auto-split the job into multiple jobs to satisfy each order line.

Have you tried anything like this in a test environment?

Best,

..Monty.

Monty Wilson
Vice President – North America
Epicor Users Group
Monty.Wilson@EpicorUsers.org
713-303-3268

Userlevel 1

We are not using MRP, but we do a most of our jobs as make direct. If you want a job for each order that may be useful for you.

Hi Monty and Doug,

where would these setting be? I am new to the backgrounds of Epicor I have just been a user for 4 years and am now taking a deep dive into the inner workings and why we set up certain things the way we did. Currently we set up jobs as Make to stock but besides our converting jobs we truly Make direct or Make to Order but with MRP and I don’t know if having forecast means we do make to stock or if that is really a personal preference on our side. Also I should mention we are manually firming these jobs and changing due dates/ quantities etc then scheduling and releasing them manually.

Userlevel 1

To make manufactured items default to make direct you need to check the non-stock check box in part setup. (I know, not very intuitive.)

Userlevel 3

make direct could be one answer.. another answer is to make sure that the Days of Supply setting in the Part Site screen is set to zero. ALSO, if the system is combining multiple jobs into too big of jobs, you can set the Max Lot Size field to a value that is your maximum, and MRP will limit the job size automatically.