Question

Refresh Burden Rates on Existing Jobs

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

• Known Participant
  • 59 replies

We are using Epicor 10.2.500.13

We recently found that 2 of our Resource Groups had incorrect Burden Rates, and also were assigned to the wrong department.  We’ve changed so they are assigned to the correct department, and the burden rates were updated.

I know this will take effect on future new jobs.  However, we need current unreleased jobs to be updated with the new burden rates. 

Modifying each job would not be possible due to the number of jobs (432).  Does Epicor have a utility to updated all these unreleased jobs with the new burden rates, or is there a way to perform a mass update?

I’m thinking using DMT may be the only way.

2 replies

HI Gary,

We are using 10.2.600 and when we updated the Resource Group Burden Rates the financial impact at Time & Expense Entry was immediate even on open jobs.  I was quite surprised that the new rates would pull thru to actuals for job costing even when a job is engineered and released, but it does in our version. I did a quick test by entering time to a production job, then changing the burden rate, entered more time and the second entry was the new burden rate.  What does not change is the burden rate in the actual job screen, which means that estimates will be utilizing the older rate.   I’ll be curious if you get the same results.  ~ Connie

Thanks for the info.

When we did labor entry after I updated the new rates, it did pick up the new rate from the resource.  I wasn’t quite sure it did, but I had my suspicions that it would.

In any case, things are good.  Now accounting just has to do journal entries for labor already reported against the old rate.