Western PA / Eastern OH Meeting Q1 2023

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

I am starting to look at details for an in-person group meeting in the first quarter of 2023. I was thinking Thursday February 16, most likely here at Aerotech in Pittsburgh. Does anyone have a different preference or does that work for you? 

12 replies

Sounds great! We will be there and happy to help.

Patty

Hello Byron,

Thanks so much for pulling this together. It’s been a long time for us at DNP since we attended one. Looking forward to it. 

Sean Churchfield

Hi Byron.  That sounds great.  I’d like to attend.

I am interested. 

Jon

Userlevel 1

Excellent, February 16 it is. Watch for an official registration link. 

So far, I have one confirmed presentation on the agenda from @Tina Brady , two potential sessions by Epicor employees, and I will put out some more details as I get them. 

As always, it would be great for someone to do a “where I work” segment. This can be very short and simple with as much or as little detail as you would like to include. Its just to give people some context to what others in the group do, so I’d like a volunteer for that  

Userlevel 1

Watch for an upcoming event registration link for a meeting on Thursday, February 16 here at Aerotech.

Sessions so far include:

• Fast Close, Tina Brady
  • What’s new in the latest release of Kinetic
  • Automation Studio
  • more to come…

Please distribute this to others you work with who may be interested, have them sign up for the EUG and register for the meeting. Many people have changed roles over the last 2 years and I suspect many prior members of the group may or may not be getting notifications from the EUG website anymore. To help regenerate activity in the group, please pass this along so we can drive some more participation from both previous and new members. 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

Register here for the meeting on February 16!

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

If you haven’t already, register for the meeting at Aerotech on February 16

The agenda includes topics from partners, Epicor experts and local users and will give everyone things to look forward to at Insights in Las Vegas!

• 9:00-9:30 coffee, networking, introductions, EUG business

• Be prepared to introduce yourself and your company and tell us the following:

• What does your company do?

• What version of Epicor ERP or Kinetic do you currently use?

• What is your favorite Insights story?

• RUG Cup information

• 9:30 - 10:30 Fast Close, Tina Brady 

• 10:30 - 11:30 : What’s new in the latest release of Kinetic 

• 12:00 -1:00 lunch / networking

• 1:00 - 1:45 : Recursive Common Table Expressions in BAQs - Aerotech Enterprise Development

• 1:45 - 2:00 break/networking

• 2:00 - 2:45 : Automation Studio

• 2:45 - 3:30 Where I work

• 3:30 - 4:00 roundtable, closing, misc.  

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I hope everyone is looking forward to the meeting here at Aerotech in just a little over two weeks. 

If you or anyone you know is interested in attending and has not yet registered, please register so that we have an accurate headcount! 

I will be sending directions, instructions on parking and other details directly to registered attendees shortly before the meeting.

As I mentioned in the agenda in my previous post, be prepared to introduce yourself and your company at the start of the meeting by giving us a 60-90 second summary of:

• What does your company do?

• What version of Epicor ERP or Kinetic do you currently use?

• What is your favorite Insights story (or go-live story if you have never been to Insights)?

I’ll be there and am excited to see everyone!  I contacted some Epicor users I know in the area and am encouraging them to come.  I’m preparing my summary and will try to be brief!  

If you’re planning to attend the Feb 16 meeting, will you please consider in advance what you and your colleagues want from a reporting solution?  Whether you have a reporting tool that’s working well for you, one that’s not working well, or you use Epicor-embedded reporting, it will help me to understand the functionality you want and need to help you do your job. 

Please reply here or email ne at tina.brady@TheOnlyWay2Go.com

Userlevel 1

Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting yesterday, and a big thank you to those who traveled and/or presented. The more participation and involvement we have in this, the more valuable it becomes for everyone. I will be sharing presentations and content shortly with those who attended. 

I hope to see many people at Insights in May, and we will plan on having a regional meeting after that to share information and takeaways from the conference. In that meeting, tentatively June or July, I will be sending out a call for presenters and a host. While Aerotech is generally happy to host, I would really like to see some other facilities and learn more about what other companies do. 

These are some of the topics that we talked about yesterday that people would like to learn more about. If you know something about one of these, please consider making a presentation and teaching the rest of us. If you don’t know something about it but would like to, consider going to Insights, learning something about it, and then coming back and presenting what you learned to the rest of us! 

• When to use table criteria in BAQs

• Success stories in implementation: what went right or what works well

• Good practices, tips and tricks for things like backflushing, PCID and/or other operational features

• How to handle taxes in AP