WPA Group Meeting October

• 30 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Western PA and Southeast Ohio,

It has come to my attention that Michael Cromer has taken a new position at another company, so I have volunteered to act as interim chair of the Western PA & Southeast Ohio Regional Group until we have a meeting and can hold an election.

I suggest a meeting at Aerotech, Inc. in Pittsburgh, tentatively Thursday, October 20th.

In that meeting we can hold official elections plus have presentations on technical and other topics. I anticipate this would be primarily in person, but we will have accommodations for virtual attendees as well. 

If people like that idea, I will get the ball rolling for a meeting including registration and a detailed agenda. There are several things I would personally be interested in learning more about, so if anyone would be willing to present on one or more of the following topics (or any other topic of interest,) please comment here or feel free to message me directly.

• Supplier Managed Inventory
  • Kinetic upgrade experiences
  • A "where I work" talk describing who your company is, what you do, how you leverage ERP, and how you are trying to adapt to a post-pandemic world.

8 replies

Hi Byron et al,

I am happy you are stepping up as interim chairperson. You might want to watch out as that could be become a more permanent role…

The date works for me, and I am excited to get together again. I think maybe an hour to have a meet and greet might be good idea. I imagine there will be some new faces and some changes since we last met like 3 years ago.

I am also interested in the Kinetic Upgrade Experience if anyone has gone through that. 

Jon

If Jon Craft is in, then so am I.  It’s been too long since we shared the dance floor together at the Flo Rida concert.  

I’ve got some new tricks up my sleeve that I could share as it relates to topics.  They don’t match your list, but I do love to talk Epicor.  

I have it penciled in for 10/20.  

@dholm, when I first read reply, I thought you meant you had some new tricks on the dance floor. Maybe to attract some new members, we should hold off on the dance party until at least the second meeting.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, here is the registration link. I will post more details on an agenda as we get closer to the date. 

https://www.findjoo.com/SU/WesternPASoutheastOHRegionalMeeting

Userlevel 1

Hi all, 

So far, I have two presentations for this meeting on the 20th from Kiski Precision and Aerotech, and I would like to get at least two more from other group members. Can I get a couple of volunteers for one of the following topics:

1. A "where I work" talk describing who your company is, what you do, how you leverage ERP, and how you are trying to adapt to a post-pandemic world. This is pretty open-ended and can be whatever you feel like sharing about your business
  2. A problem you solved recently in ERP. This can be anything- a new module you purchased, an upgrade experience, how you leveraged some feature you didn’t before, an updateable BAQ that you wrote to solve a specific problem, anything generally technical.

Feel free to email me directly at bfruit@aerotech.com  if you have questions or ideas. 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, the agenda so far for this meeting includes:

1. Technical presentations from Aerotech, Inc.Kiski Precision Industries, and AM Sisson - Consulting, LLC
  2. Information on the RUG Cup process for Insights 2023
  3. Officer elections
  4. Additional topics TBD..

Please register if you haven’t already: 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

It is three weeks until the meeting. Register if you haven’t already! 

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

The meeting is next Thursday Oct 20. Please register by tomorrow, Thursday Oct. 13 so we have an accurate headcount for lunch!!!

We have a packed agenda with a range of great topics:

• 9:00-9:30 coffee, networking, introductions, EUG business 
    • Elections
    • RUG Cup information 
    • Next meeting topics, date/time, location
  • 9:30-10:30 Demand Forecasting & Inventory Optimization - Erik Subatis, Enterprise Solution Engineer, Smart Software, Inc.
  • 10:30-11:00 Where I work - Jon Craft, Zoll
  • 11:00-12:00 Epicor financials consulting - multi-company functionality 
  • 12:00-1:00 Lunch, networking  
  • 1:00-2:00 Advanced tools - Mercer Sisson, AM Sisson Consulting
  • 2:00-3:00 Writing Efficient BAQs - Jon Dysinger, Aerotech, Inc. 
  • 3:00-4:00 Maximizing order processing efficiency with built-in tools - David Holm, Kiski Precision, Inc.
  • 4:00 Roundtable and closing