Question

Complete/Closed jobs showing back in Time Phase

• 12 August 2022
  • 5 replies

We are having multiple instances where a job is completed and closed in Job Closing, but is still showing up as demand in time phase. We have looked and WIP is checked cleared, all material was issued, everything myself and the team can think of is done. The only consistency between the jobs is that they are all attached to a project, though different projects, which have been closed. The work-around is sending in the required rows to Epicor tech team and getting a data fix, but why is this happening? Is anyone else seeing this?

5 replies

Michelle, 

You are not alone. 

We have been dealing with this issue for quite some time which has been quite frustrating.  We too have been given a Data fix to take care of the issues as we find them.  Unfortunately this is not really a fix in my opinion.  My most recent Epicor Support ticket claims that the issue has been resolved as of Patch 10.2.600.40.  We are currently at 600.26.  

I questioned it as there is nothing listed in the patch documentation that the issue was specifically resolved.  The answer was that since, it is a ‘bug’ that they have not been able to manually reproduce on a consistent basis, it was not something that they could troubleshoot.  This is the same excuse I have to keep giving end users as it doesn’t seem to have a rhyme or reason as to why it happens.  

There is a ‘workaround’ that can be used via creating an updateable dashboard that can show where there may be issues.  See KB Article KB0029987.  ( I have not used this method )  I will be patching up to 10.2.600.40 in the upcoming week to see if the issue goes away.  

Before I do….can I ask what version you are currently running?  If you are already running .700 and seeing the problem, then I won’t waste my time on the lower level simple patch.  

Thanks.

EpicCare Response Below:

“Hello Scott I looked into this, it seems the issue is not occurring on newest versions, probably a side effect of other changes that have been made on the application code in different areas. However, since no one ever found a consistent way to make this issue occur, it was never documented since no one really knew what made it happen. Because of this, the solution is not documented except for other cases with the same condition. That being said, the solution shown on that KB is the only way to correct it if the condition occurs again. I will proceed to set this case as "Suggested Resolution".

I’ve seen this with several customers.  The sources of the problem vary, but Epicor support has a fix for this…

DATA FIX FOR CHANGE REQUEST 32546MPS - - PM Suggestions Showing for Parts on Jobs that are closed

FX_Del_PartDtl_JobClosed.df
Fix to Delete PartDtl for Closed jobs.

Required Input:
Company
JobNum
PartNum

TABLE(S), FIELD(S) AND/OR OBJECT(S) AFFECTED:
Table.Field Chg Type Comments
PartDtl Delete

Fixes
Object Name
FX_Del_PartDtl_JobClosed.df

HI

Do you by chance use Auto receive on your jobs? If no, you might want to try it out,.  If auto receive isn’t checked at least somewhere in the job it will never “feed into” where it is supposed to go so the demand will keep showing until it receives the supply. If the job is already done, the fix would be to just use “job receipt to job” and receive the items from the supply job to the demand job.

Thanks

Trish

Can anyone on this thread confirm whether or not they are experiencing this issue after patch update 10.2.600.40?  

Per Epicor - This is a known bug that has been somehow not shown up after release 600.40.  

However I would like to have confirmation from actual users.  

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance and enjoy the weekend!

Can anyone confirm what version they are currently running that are experiencing this issue?