Question

PO Approvals - Pt 2

• 7 October 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3

This is a follow-on to another thread from about a year ago with replies in the last few days that I now can’t reply to.  Perhaps too old? Also, I can;t select the Kinetic/Epicor ERP group.  I think my EUG account is messed up.  We just recently renewed the membership.

I have exactly the same situation where a new Dir. of Procurement has come onboard and can’t approve POs.  A message pops up that the approved limit has been exceeded and will need to be approved by Jon X but it is Jon X trying to do the approval.  We have followed all the suggestions in the previous thread and still can’t approve the PO.  Jon has his Buyer limit set to 0.00, he is the approver for the Buyer who made the PO and he is no longer an authorized buyer for the person who made the PO.  Not sure what to try next.

Also, in field help for the Approval Person field on the Buyer form it says:

The user id of the default  person who approves purchases for this buyer when their purchasing limit is exceeded.  This can reference users who are approvers (UserFile.CanApprovePO = Yes) 

I tried making a quick BAQ for UserFile and there is no field “CanApprovePO” listed and nothing like that shows in the Options for User Account Maintenance.  Is the field help obsolete (would not be the first time)?  The ApprovalPerson field on the PurAgent table says the same thing in the description.

The normal approver is on PTO  and they need to get an important PO approved.  Any further ideas?

Thanks,
-Todd Caughey
Kinetic 2022.1.11 SaaS

0 replies

Be the first to reply!