Question

Is there a quicker way to load numerous serial numbers

When transacting on Epicor that might require you to create a serial number, is there a quicker way of loading up serials when using Alpha numeric formats. Having one field and clicking ‘add’ each time is not ideal, sometimes we have 100+ serials that we need to transact that we could paste insert if there were only a grid view within the serial number screen. 

Has anyone else had this issue and how did they get around it?

the only thing I can think of is to use a DMT to load the serials, and then have them sit there in adjusted status, and then use the transaction tool and pull all serials in that way. 

3 replies

I was able to add a range by selecting Add Range of Serial Numbers:

randallweber.com

Thanks Randall, but we are looking at using Alpha numeric serials. These serials that would be entered are completely random and would not necessarily fall into a range. 

It was more about how to get a list of serials and potentially pasting them into a grid view, like you might do with other functions. Like I say we could be potentially looking at having to manually enter 100 serial numbers that do not follow any order and so unfortunately the range of serials doesn’t really help us. 

You could use the Data Migration Tool (DMT) 

When uploading template, use tilde (~) symbol for serial number field in DMT for one row template instead of multiple row

e.g. 4JJPK3~4JJPK4~4JJPK5~4JJPK6~4JJPK7

Epicor KB Article 

Knowledge Page - EpicCare (epicor.com)