Question

Updatable dashboard for Country of Origin on Part Master

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

We need to create an updatable dashboard that allows users to update the Country of Origin saved on the Part Master, from the dashboard. The problem is that the value saved under “ISOrigCountry” in the Part table is the CountryNum, not the Country description.

Is there a way for the user to enter the country “description” on the updatable dashboard, but it saves the CountryNum on the Part’s table?

I have added both the values of the country of origin, both from the Parts table and the PartCOO table, as I worked out that the Part_ISOOrigCountry was not updatable.  The PartCOO_OrigCountry is updatable, though it does not seem to be updating from my dashboard below (even when using the “number”).

3 replies

Hi,

You can make use of Advance column editor configuration and pull data from a BAQ ( create a BAQ on PartCOO table)- map it against updatable column CountryNum. During update dashboard will show a dropdown.

Hope this helps you.

Arun

Userlevel 2

@iarunkumark 

Dear Arun, 

We are trying to do something similar, but we had trouble with using another BAQ to source the dropdown list.  We want the user to see all the bins in the current warehouse shown in the grid.  The best we’ve done so far is to show ALL bins, but that is thousands of them, most of which are not valid in the current warehouse.  We could prompt the user for the warehouse (that’s actually OK in this tool being developed) but it would be slicker to filter the dropdown options based on the value in another field on the same line.  Do you know any way of doing this?

Thanks

...Monty.

Userlevel 2

Maybe the answer is to do this at the dashboard level?  Maybe a custom tracker view dropdown combo box could be sourced from a BAQ with parameter of the warehouse?