Epicor Announce New Name for Epicor ERP

• 7 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

For those that haven’t seen the announcement yet, Epicor have today announced that future versions of Epicor ERP will follow the ‘Kinetic’ name with the release of Version 11 of Epicor ERP on June 10th.

You can read more about the announcement here

Let us know what you think to the new name by participating in the Poll below or by commenting.

What do you think to the New name for Epicor ERP?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Will the mobile version be called Telekinetic? Just a thought...

Userlevel 3

We go live on Epicor 10 in two weeks.  So far the consensus among users is Kenetic is not ready and we will not be using it.  Nobody sees any advantage in it and it is hard to navigate.  To name the product after that seems misguided.  But then, even in E10 I run Classic with the Office 2007 theme.  My cat and I share the opinion that change is never a good thing. :wink:

Userlevel 1

Not only Epicor trying to drop the .NET customizations code support and replace it with some limited QT crap, now the name of the tool will be dedicated to new “idea” of “ideal” interface. I think Epicor could invest more money in fixing bugs and adding new features to the tool on the business side of it, instead of amusing marketing people.

There is a company in Alabama that will be seeing a spike in their web traffic come June... :upside_down:

Userlevel 4

IMHO this muddies the water between Epicor Enterprise Edition (the software product) and the Kinetic visual framework, which is an optional (as of today and still on initial release of 11 if I’m informed correctly) delivery vehicle for the UI of that product.  So it will be even more awkward going forward, having to specify Kinetic framework display vs. .Net framework display of the Epicor Kinetic Part Tracker screen, for example.

Thanks for letting us know this, and for asking for input from the community.

Best,

….Monty.

Userlevel 3

@mwilson I believe Epicor will be rebranding the Kinetic Framework to Epicor Design Framework. I’ve not seen an official announcement so I can’t say for definite, just an FYI.

Userlevel 4

If I’m reading you correctly, this would mean they’re rebranding Kinetic to Epicor, and rebranding Epicor to Kinetic.  Thanks, and we’ll continue watching this one.

Best,