Solved

10.2.500.35 - Inspection Processing - Add default comments

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Team,

I am looking for  away to add custom comment text to the Insp PRocessing>PO Receipts>Comments>Failed text box.

Users want a static ‘list’ of information they need to fill in like

Issue:

Investigation:

Actions:

Can I do this somehow through customization?

Thanks for any help or other ideas to have a standard set of comments

Melissa

icon

Best answer by slepley 24 August 2022, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I would think you could create a post-processing method directive on the InspProcessing.OnChangeFailedQty method. Check to see that the quantity was changed from 0 to anything and then upon passing that condition, set the FldCommentText to have the format you’re looking to achieve. Then the user could click over to the Failed Comments tab and the “form” would be there already for them to fill in. 

I don’t believe we have this module as Inspection Processing is not available (for me)… but my first instincts are below:-

1. The ‘Failed’ Text box
    1. This bit can be skipped if this field already exist, by default, in Inspection Processing. With this, you might need to create a UD field in the respected table.
  2. Create a Data Directive
    1. You will need to know the table this inspection stores the data
    2. I guess this would be an ‘In-Transaction’ Data Directive, under the rule of ‘the added row’
    3. Set the value of that field to the above

My idea just adds to dans’ above, which could be better suited… but mine is another idea.

Cheers

Userlevel 4

Hi Melissa.  If you right-click in that text box, do you get a context menu with an “Insert File” option?  If so, you can set up as many text files as you would like in a commonly accessible folder to give users “comment templates” for entering needed information.  We’ve done this in Case Entry and it works well.

Regards,

Userlevel 4

For example, we have multiple templates saved in...
\\<servername>\EpicorData\CaseResolutionTemplates\
...for various case scenarios.  Our users simply use the Insert File option to retrieve the template that they want and then enter the specified information.

Regards,