Question

Active home screen question

• 19 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I currently have (hopefully) a simple question. I would like to have my Epicor open with the Active Homepage (we will be upgrading to Kenetic soon) but the only options I have is the default layouts. I am trying to get the program buttons to display instead. I cannot for the life of me find where to do this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Arno

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Arno,

If you are referring to what I call the Epicor Desktop - all the applications, EDD’s, custom dashboards, yes there is.

Basic - the 3 vertical periods upper right, allows you customize, edit, save etc.  (if you have the boxes checked on your user security page).  

Advanced - allows you to save, publish and share with others.

There is a user guide and several training videos I used.  Let me know if you need the links.

cch

Hey Charles,

That is exactly what I am looking for! For some reason I cannot find where that is. If you would provide the links, that would be great!

Thanks!

Arno

Userlevel 3

Arno,

Have you tried Application Help? In 10.2.700 there is a lot to see there. Or the Training on Demand videos have lots of little snippets on Home Page https://erpvideo.epicor.com/category/videos/home-page

One thing that tripped me up for longer than it should have: When you first edit Home Page, if you don’t expand the window to have enough screen real estate, all the editor buttons are greyed out, and there is no message telling to anything.

Hey Al,

We are not on 10.2.700 yet, hopefully in about a month we will be. But looking at the resources you are providing I see what I am looking for. I am looking for the quick launch view! That is the one I am not able to find…

I am familiar with changing the layout around and all that, I just cannot find where to switch to the ‘Quick Launch’ view.

Thanks,

Arno

Userlevel 2

Arno,

There are a couple of topics at the such as “Getting started with the Active Home Page” on the training courses.

Also - Epicor Customization UserGuide 102400, Active Home Page personalization starts on page 258.

They have made a couple of minor changes on the views, but 95% is still the same.  Such as “Edit” is not the 3 vertical dots.  You can change your layout here too.

The other main difference - your profile (bottom left, headshot) - Open MORE SETTINGS>Home Page

• Layout to Apply (4 standard, and then any published)
  • Publish Current.  Saves your current desktop for other, i.e. Layout to Apply
  • Other settings are here.  Color/theming is not really an option.

cch