Question

API Integration using Jitterbit - New Hire

Userlevel 1

We have created some API’s to connect the HRIS application Paylocity to Epicor. We are setting up in Paylocity with all of the pertinent emp data, benefits, deductions, taxes, etc. We previously used Epicor’s Payroll module.

We need to keep basic emp data in and updated in Epicor so that we can keep our time\labor entry and costs to job costing among other reasons. 

I have the employee changes up and running (to our test db) and i have the New Hire as well. However, when I go to Epicor to verify when the New Hire process runs I am getting a pop that says I need a pay rate and will not let me save or exit the menu without it.

So we added another operation to Update the record we just created with pay rate info from Paylocity as the pay rate info is a different table\service and those fields are not available on the PREmpMas table\schema

We are getting an error:

Error details: <ErrorType>null</ErrorType><HttpStatus>500</HttpStatus><ReasonPhrase>null</ReasonPhrase><ErrorDetails>null</ErrorDetails><ErrorMessage>Specified cast is not valid.</ErrorMessage>.
 Please enable continue on record failure if you want to continue with error.

Any ideas on how I can add to or update my New Hire workflow so that I can add the pay rate info somehow?

Thanks

Melissa

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Are you going to eventually turn off the Payroll Module in Epicor?

If so, I think you want to populate EmpBasic not PREmpMas with your Paylocity employee data.

That will bypass the PayRate… you will enter labor rate on EmpBasic.

Userlevel 1

When we first started sandboxing with Jitterbit to Epicor employee we had some errors using the Emp Basic table and they suggested to use the PREmpMas which cleared up the issue we were having.

Thanks for the idea!

Melissa