Solved

BOM Cost Dashboard

• 8 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am struggling with how Epicor is calculating costs. It appears that the costs in part tracker are incorrect because we have issues on job reporting accuracy. We want to be able to pull a list of manufactured parts with the rolled up BOM Cost but I can’t find a table or field that would provide me with this information. I know I can pull the BOM cost report, but I would like a BAQ where I could pull all my manufactured parts at once and just get the final total. The BOM Cost report isn’t in the best workable format. 

icon

Best answer by pjackson 8 October 2021, 21:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I realize that this is not exactly what you are asking for.

But, an alternative would be to do a cost roll using the costing workbench and NOT post it.

You can easily query against the results of that.

Userlevel 1

If I wanted to do it for 400 parts, would I have to do it in the costing workbench 400 times?

Userlevel 3

Nope.

You would select those parts, in Actions/Load Cost Details.  You might even be able to paste insert in the selection screen.

Userlevel 1

Got it. We have not ventured into the costing workbench at all because we are an average cost shop and was originally told by our consultant it was for standard cost only. I am now seeing for reviewing, it works great, just not posting. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot more time playing around in there. Thank you!

Userlevel 3

Hi @Michaela.H ,

as a general rule if Epicor is calculating tracker value on the fly, then you wont be able to capture it in BAQ, e.g. break quantities prices in Quote entry tracker, i solved the issue by adding some UD fields on the table, then create a custmisation and BPM to capture these calculated viewed values and save then into my UD fields, then i had to run DMT update to trigger what i have done for my targeted list, after that you can BAQ/Dashboard to show these values to whatever user you select.

https://www.epiusers.help/t/product-configurator-use-component-cost-pricing/56778/22?u=a.baeisa