Question

Business Process for Invoice Not Matching PO

• 15 June 2022
  • 2 replies

I am fairly new to Epicor  and Job Shops (more familiar with process manufacturing)so I don't know all the ins and outs. This is my situation. 

Job Shop

PO is entered and tied to a specific Job

Material is Received

Invoice comes in and is a different price than the PO. Current Business process is that the Invoice has to match PO. Purchasing Department goes in and changes PO price to match invoice. I think it should be left alone and let it go to PPV. Does the PPV get tied to the job that the PO was tied to?

The biggest issue is when the PO is received in one period and they don’t get the invoice until the next period. 

Looking for the best way to handle this type of scenario in Epicor.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Epicor allows you to modify the PO price at AP Invoice Entry time, to align the invoice, so the right amount is paid.  We do this and I have a BAQ that pulls all of the price changes done at AP Invoice Entry each month, to validate the reason for the price change.  We usually get the buyer to sign-off on the invoice, when the price does not match what is on the PO.  Unfortunately, this sign-off takes time as the buyer will contact the supplier to verify the invoice price is correct, vs. what was originally quoted.  Sometimes this results in a Credit Invoice for the wrong price, but most of the time, this just lengthens the timeframe to pay the invoice.

You can also use the APInvDtl table to compare to the PODtl table and create a dashboard for Purchase Price discrepancies, when the Supplier changes price after PO confirmation.

As for your question of where the PPV goes, the PPV creates a ADJ-CST transaction in Part History and in the TranGLC table.

Userlevel 3

I “THINK” that when the PO is to a job, then the AP Invoice Entry variance tries to follow the same  GL Control as the PO Receipt, which would be PUR-MTL.  If the job is still open, then the costs would go to WIP.