Question

Can I use Dashboard filters to set a dashboard to show only dates greater than 24 months ago? If so, how?

• 22 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Can I use Dashboard filters to set a dashboard to show only dates greater than 24 months ago? If so, how?

For example, I have a dashbaord that shows customer shipments. I want to add a tab that shows only shipment with shipment dates that are older than 24 months.

9 replies

Userlevel 3

I would copy the BAQ you are currently using to a new BAQ.  I would use that BAQ as a second tab onto the Dashboard.

In the copied BAQ, add criteria that uses the date field you wish to go back 24 months on, and use the operand <= and the parameter would be CurrentDate - 24 months.  The calculation of Current date - 24 months will start at today’s date and then go back in time 24 months.  The operand <= will display all records that are farther back in time then 24 months ago.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

You can also do it in the dashboard itself without creating a new query. You bring the query in again and apply a filter to the query there. Look at Sales Order Backlog or some of the other system dashboards for reference. It makes it to where you can reuse your current query without adding more to manage later if something changes.

Lindsay, What you describe was what I was hoping to do. But I cannot figure out how to get the dashbaord filter to make a set list of parts. 

Add a new grid view in the dashboard

Then once it appears right click on the new view and go to properties

And then go to filter tab and add your filter criteria 

It’s a little funky but you want to tab through and leave a blank line at the end

I got this far and do not know how to create a list in the value column. PartNum = ????

Is that one of your columns? You select the column name and then the condition and the value similar to doing it in a query.

I don’t use them a lot. I typically add a tracker view and let the user apply the filtering. This works well for giving time frame ranges of the same data or like in the image below, different statuses of the same data set.

yes,  want to force the dashbaord to only populate for a specific list of parts. I tried this using:

JobHead_PartNum = 1010,1015,1018 with and without parentheses (1010,1015,1018)

JobHead_PartNum = 1010, 1015, 1018 with and without parentheses

JobHead_PartNum = ‘1010’, ‘1015’, ‘1018’ with and without parentheses

Tried adding multiple row with just one part onb each row. 

I just do not know the right sytax for the list.

I know we have done some where it includes specific part classes but I am not finding the dashboard at the moment. It’s been a while since I have looked at it.