Question

Cannot update the shipping line 10.0.700.4

• 28 September 2022
  • 4 replies

We are experiencing an issue with a specific customer, where we are unable to pack any of their orders. We get the error below. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for this error. Its not report related as the order has been recreated multiple times.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

do you have a data or method directive on it.

No method or data directive on it.

Userlevel 4

I notice in your screen shot that the table that’s having its JOIN or update rejected, within the ShipDtlBeforeUpdate() method, is ShipMisc.  Here is the definition of that table, from the data dictionary:

Customer Shipment Miscellaneous Charge file contains charges that are enter at the time of creating the packing slip and then will be passed along to the invoice process.

If the error is being triggered by your company applying miscellaneous charges to packers for this customer only, I would expect the error to appear this way.  In a Test environment, you can try to create a customer shipment for this customer, but do not include a miscellaneous charge on it.  This may narrow-down the source of the error.

Userlevel 4

Also, your ERP version is out of premium level support, but you can still log into EpicCare and open a case.  Though they may strongly push you to upgrade, you might also get valuable information about what this issue is, and any workarounds.  I just looked in the Knowledge Base and didn’t find anything on this error.