Question

Change Log - UserID Field Rules

• 10 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I need to get the UserID for JobMtl change log records so I can see who added materials.  UserID would allow linking to UserFile to get the list of security groups so I can filter out for just people in the Engineering group.

But in the change log records many of the results have no UserID - it is blank.  What are the internal rules for determining when Epicor populates the UserID,  or not?

Thanks,
-Todd C.

4 replies

Userlevel 4

All of the change logging that i have done populates the User ID in the Ice.ChgLog table - perhaps post a screenshot of how you are capturing the change details?

Userlevel 3

This (Ice.ChgLog) is exactly where I am running a test BAQ for and reveled it had blank UserIDs. It is a very simple dump from ChgLog with one criteria - TableName = JobMtl.  That’s it.  It shows:

Key1 being the JobNum.  There does not seem to be a relation to whether it is a New Record (from Log Text) and when UserID is blank so that is the mystery.

-Todd

Userlevel 3

I am giving up on this.  I added the DateStampedOn field in the display and sorted Ascending in the results.  All entries before 7/23/2021 have blank UserID.  After that date the ALL have UserID.  Not sure what happened on that date.  I am guessing it may have been when a bug was fixed in a release patch.  We don’t care about the old stuff so I will ignore this.  Thanks Sue for the suggestions.

Userlevel 4

An idea for others finding this same issue: looks like the first word of the Log Text field could also be used