Solved

Checking For Field Value in Customer Group From Invoice Entry

• 18 November 2022
  • 2 replies

• Known Participant
  • 59 replies

I am trying to come up with a custom solution, and I’m hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction.

In AR Invoice Entry, I have created a custom epiButton on the Header tab.  When an invoice is displayed in the window, I would like to check the value in a checkbox01 custom field in the Customer Group table, for the customer that is assigned as the sold to on the invoice.  I would then like to enable/disable the epiButton based on if the checkbox field value is True or False.

I have so far created a BPM that fires on the Erp.ARInvoice.GetByID event.  At this point I’m not sure where/how to add custom code that would go to the CustGroup table and grab the checkbox01 value, and then set the Enabled properties of the epiButton.

I also have the Epicor Customization Tools add-in extension for Visual Studio.  Would it be better to program the logic in that rather than the BPM?  If so, how can I add in any references to the CustGroup table, or run a BAQ looking at CustGroup?

Any advice/guidance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by fred 20 November 2022, 20:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

If you are using classic forms, then you can put a hook on the EpiViewNotification when the record changes (Initialize?).  Set the enabled property of the button equal to the checkbox01 value.

Thanks Fred.  After looking at E10 functionality, it looks like e-invoicing is going to match what we need to do.  However I cannot get that totally working.  See my newest post on e-invoices if you’d like.