Solved

Community topic emails going wild

• 19 January 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2

We are receiving emails from the Epicor Users Community every couple of seconds.   Anyone know what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Tim.Berryman 19 January 2021, 18:34

View original

14 replies

This is also happening to me. Some of the subjects are just seemingly random alpha numeric strings.

Looks like a spambot hitting the forums. Do not click on any of the links in these posts.

Yes me too, is there anyway to turn them off?

Mel

Also having this issue.  It is too much for my email.  Please stop this.

Hi, same for me! I have received up to 50 emails. Needs to be a problem at EUG´s end. 

Same issue for us, we blocked the domain at our exchange server to shut it off.

Same for us.  Please make it stop….

Yes me too, is there anyway to turn them off?

Mel

You can click on your profile icon and you will find the settings option at the bottom of that drop down. You can turn off email notifications from there.

Userlevel 2

Yep. You can go into your settings and turn off notifications. This wouldn’t have been a problem with the old site but this new and improved version that doesn’t allow you to have the daily summary emails is great…

This is the first time I’ve logged into the EUG since they made that change, getting a notification for every post was beyond annoying but this was insane, now that I have turned off the notifications to stop this ridiculousness I doubt I will log in again...

Click on your Name circle, then settings, then settings tab, and unsubscribe from ‘Receive email notifications for new topics in your subscribed categories and groups’. I don’t have it checked, and I haven’t been getting bombed.

https://community.epicorusers.org/settings/general

Userlevel 2

I am guessing someone looked at this.  Emails are not flying in the door anymore.  

I don’t mind getting the emails for new topics created, still miss the daily and weekly summary option from the old site.  

My email notifications are turned off, however, I am still receiving these.  This seems to be an issue on the EUG and hopefully someone is working to resolve it.  Until then, I have created a rule in Outlook to automatically delete these.

Userlevel 1

We have a lot of users who are registered , i was looking how i can unregister them, but this option seem to have been taken away .. At leat i am sure it was there in the old system

but for now i have added the sending email address to Bitdefender spam filters

Userlevel 3

Our apologies for the recent spate of emails from the forum, we escalated the issue to the platform provider as soon as we realised what was happening.

The notifications appear to have resulted from a series of posts relating to the old platform that were identified as missing attachments. This looks to have now been part of a test to reload the missing data but the provider did not disable notifications prior to the data load.