Solved

Creating a BAQ Report

• 19 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to find out what a BAQ Report is for sure and if I am heading in the right direction for what I need.    I have created many BAQs over and the years and then added them to a Dashboard.    However, now would like to be able to schedule to have the data from the dashboard pulled on the first day of every month.    I had heard of a BAQ Report, and was thinking that maybe I needed to create a BAQ Report that uses the BAQ I have created, and then be able to schedule that.   Not finding any information on how to do it.   I gave it a try and it seems to have created something, was trying to find how to run the BAQ Report I just created, only seeing BAQ Designer.    So don’t know how to run it.  I looked in actions and there was a TEST Form option I ran that but get error about too large or too small for an int32.  

I ran it again and get Report Style not found.

Any directions or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 May 2021, 17:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Jack-

Are you familiar with BAQ export? Pretty simple. Take the same BAQ used in the dashboard and just set a schedule to export to CSV. Or you could use a script with DMT to export and use Windows scheduler to schedule.

-Nick

Userlevel 1

BAQ Report is to create Crystal or SSRS report that pools data from BAQ, while dashboard is a “screen” form that pools the data from BAQ. If you want to email report on schedule, you’ll also need APR (Advanced Printing and Routing” module which would allow to make a workflow for the report to be emailed as file attachment to any email address. You can use BAQ Export process to export BAQ results as .csv or .xml file, but then you would need your own (windows) script to copy that file to any folder other than Epicor server or to email it out.

Hello Jack, 

Creating a BAQ Report is fairly straightforward. Just go to BAQ Report Designer, which you can find by a menu search or looking in Executive Analysis > Business Activity Management > General Operations.

Select “New Report Definition” and you’ll be able to create the Report ID and Description, and then you can select the BAQ on which the report is based (and the Form Title as you’d like it to appear on the report itself). Hit save, then the report template will be created in the report server (either SQL or Crystal) and the Report Data Definition and default Report Style will be automatically created as well. From that point on, you are free to customize the report as you see fit.

As to scheduling, that will require creating a schedule in System Agent, creating a new process in Process Set Maintenance, saving the new process to the schedule, then attaching the report to the process - that’s all somewhat more complicated than it should be, in my opinion.

Good luck,

Matthew Morgan

Userlevel 1

I like the idea of the BAQ export, csv file, and being able to schedule that. However, i think I am missing something in this process.   I went to BAQ Designer, and opened the BAQ that I want to have exported, and it only allows me to export a .baq file.   I opened the dashboard also that I created that uses this BAQ, but didn’t see any Export option there at all.

I am going to go look again, but haven’t found anything that explains the process at all.    Does anyone have instructions or a guide on this.   

As this is what I am seeing:

Thinking maybe it is down somewhere else that I am.

Jack,

Look up BAQ Export Process under System Management.

Userlevel 1

I found the Export BAQ Process, and was able to export a csv file.     I looked at the option of when to schedule the file to be exported, and I don’t see an option that is what we want.  Where do I go to create a new scheduling option there?  Like to have the export be on 1st day of each month.

That requires the System Agent and Process Set Maintenance, for which I highly recommend reading the Epicor documentation.

Userlevel 1

You have to create a schedule in the System Agent first. This schedule will have a name, date, time, etc specified. The back to BAQ Export, you will be able to select created schedule by its name in the Schedule dropdown. Once Submit is clicked, BAQ. export task will be assigned to be run automatically on the schedule.  

Userlevel 1

The BAQ Export Process was what I needed.  This worked.   Was able to schedule this and had it run and saved a CSV file for me.    Just wondering why it didn’t save the headers with it.   Will have to look at the settings again and see if I missed something there.   

However, The problem I was trying to was resolved.