Solved

Creating BAQ Report from BAQ

• 8 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I have created a BAQ and trying to setup a report to show the same results as the BAQ so I can have it sent via e-mail.   In BAQ Report Designer, I created the Report ID and associated the BAQ to it.   However, when I run the test...it runs, but the data is blank.   I’ve tried this on more than one BAQ that I have created, and can’t get the BAQ Report to show the results.    I figure I’m probably missing something simple in either the Report Designer or the BAQ itself.  

icon

Best answer by dan.ramirez 8 March 2023, 20:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

The BAQ Report Designer creates a blank report when you set it up. You still have to open the RDL file in Report Builder and build the report. All the fields are setup and ready to go… you just have to insert a table. Have you ever done that before?

No.   I don’t see anything in menus that refers to “Report Builder” or RDL.   I’ve been in and out of all of the following: 

BAQ Designer (created this and several other BAQ’s).   

BAQ Report Designer (created/saved report ID and associated the BAQ)

Report Style

Report Data Definition

Am I missing something else?   Don’t see Report Builder or RDL

Thanks! 

Userlevel 2

What you need to do is go to Report Style. In the Actions menu, select Download SSRS report.

I always save them in a folder called reports on my desktop so they are easy to find. Then You need to download and install Microsoft Report Builder. That’s the program you use to edit the report files. You’ll probably need to watch a Youtube video on it as it’s not very intuitive. Once you get that figured out and saved, though, you’ll go to the same place and click Upload SSRS report. You will select the reports folder on your desktop to upload from. 

Thank you.   I will get some training on Report Builder and RDL.   Your feedback lines up with what another expert just told me.   I appreciate the feedback. 

Userlevel 2

If you end up getting the report done and have to add a new field - that can be a pain in the butt also. It’s not that it’s terribly difficult, but you just have to update the SQL query inside the report data source and then add the field… and of course it all has to match perfectly or it will blow up the report. Just keep that in mind. Try to make sure you have everything you need before working on the report. Much easier this way.

There is a video on Epicor Education https://erpcustomer.epicor.com/lms/home