Question

Customer Signature and Electronic Form

• 7 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all.

Serval of our forms we require our customer to sign. Such as a quotation form  

We use Kinetic / SSRS report builder / PDF report. This is emailed to the customer as an attachment file.  - is there a method to create an electronic form, where the customer can insert an e-signature and submit the form?

We are trying to make it easier for our customers to sign and agree to the quotation without having to print, sign, scan and attached on a return email  

There is several applications such as Jot form or Docusign for electronic forms. Has anyone found something that works with Epicor / SSRS?

Thanks Tom

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I have no experience with this, but have been very intrigued by the new Automation Studio within Kinetic. In a webinar demo I watched they stated that it is connected via/built on Workato integrations to make connections like these between Epicor and services like DocuSign that you mentioned. 

https://www.workato.com/integrations

Hi Tom. We are just completing a project to do exactly this and have used Microsoft Power Automate with the Adobe Connector to achieve it. The document can be generated from Epicor and sent directly to the customer without the salesperson leaving Epicor. regards

Hi @RobboW 

Thank you. This is really interesting. 
Would you mind briefly running through the process work flow?

I presume you still use Epicor to create the PDF file

then have a workflow setup in MS Power Automate?

Thank you

Hi Tom. The process can be launched by either a button from Epicor that calls the HTTP trigger in PA or by emailing a quote to a specific address that can also trigger. The tricky bit is creating an Epicor custom connector in PA which is friendly wrapper for the Epicor API. The rest is quite straightforward.

Once done, the workflow in PA looks like this:

Trigger (as above) passes in QuoteNum > QuoteSvc API pulls in quote > Details and line items extracted from JSON > Word document populated (using PA connector) > Convert to PDF and add Docusign fields > email acknowledgements to salesperson

You’ll need a PA premium subscription to PA and also a paid subscription to the Adobe API. 

Hope that helps.