Question

Daily EUG Summary Email

• 5 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

From the former EUG website I would receive a daily email summary of topics with activity from the day before.  Is this feature available on the new website and how do I go about setting it up?  BTW, I’m liking the new website, just getting familiar with it.  Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Every time they “upgrade” the site we go through this. I am with you, I want the digest view that comes in daily but I can’t find any settings for that. The emails that do come in tell me I can unsubscribe from the Category Homepage but I still want to get the digest view.

I was happy with the site before they “upgraded” it the last time, The last version wasn’t as good IMO and now we have this one that I don’t know about yet since I don’t have the time to figure out how to navigate it and I get seemingly random new post notifications in my inbox but its not for every new post, just some and no summary of what happened yesterday that I can look through as I start my day to see what I may be able to comment on or what issue I may also be having too.

Userlevel 2

I am missing the daily view as well. Sent an e-mail direct on this so hopefully this is in the enhancement queue.  Seems strange that no one thought to look through the list of users and determine who was using this feature and at least sent some kind of heads up. I have now unsubscribed to get rid of the distracting e-mails but the value of my membership has now been reduced as well.

You can turn the notifications on and off in settings, but I no longer get the emails either so maybe there is something that needs fixing @Tim.berryman ?

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately the move to the new system has meant that we’ve currently lost the ability to send out daily or weekly summaries of posts that you might be interested in. We are working on a couple of solutions to provide the summarized updates but please bear with us. At this time I can’t promise when these will be available, however, I hope that it will be no late than the middle of January.

The new website does work differently to our last platform and it will take some time for everyone to get used to it. 

We hope that the general thoughts are that the new site is a step forwards, however, we also understand there will be features from the old platform that people liked and in some cases relied on. We are listening to the feedback and we are already working on a number of these.

We are looking to arrange ‘an intro to the new EUG platform’ webinar next week, but are prioritizing resolving a few important fixes.

Please bear with us as we make the transition, this new platform offers us many more opportunities to further enhance your EUG experience and provide you with additional benefit from your membership. 

Tim