Solved

E10: BAQ to Retrieve Last Sales Order for Each Customer?

I need to create a BAQ that will return only the last (most recent) sales order for each customer and create a formula field that tells me how many days ago that was.

In E9 there was the first/last criteria. I’ve been trying to play around with subqueries w/o much success.

Anyone know how to do this in E10?

icon

Best answer by mwilson 26 March 2021, 16:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

This is off the top of my head.  Formulas may not be accurate

Add OrderHed.  Group by CustNum, add a calculated field for Max (OrderHed.OrderNum).  Test to make sure you get the right data.  Then make this a subquery.

On a new top-level query, add your subquery, join to Customer (I assume you’ll need customer info) and OrderHed.  Add a calculated field that is DateDiff (‘d’, OrderHed.OrderDate, GetDate()) for your number of days since last order.

Userlevel 3

Just as a quick reply as I’m not in front of a system:

Create a sub query with Max function on the Sales Order Num*, add in the Customer ID/Name, Order Date and group by Customer ID/Name, Order Date

In the top query add a calculated field on Order Date to calculate number of days.

* this will only work if Order Numbers are created in one range. Alternatively use Top 1 and Max on Date in the sub query and then order by Date (there are some limitations on sorting sub queries in SQL so this may not work)

I will monitor the post let me know if you need anymore helps/suggestions

Tim

dumb question - how do I “group by”?

Userlevel 2

While I’m waiting on something to run. . .

Here’s an example for your subquery:

And hook it up something like this:

See if that helps.

Joe

not sure how I missed that big, bold group by checkbox… thanks!

Userlevel 2

Welcome!

For anyone after who needs this info - here’s the calculated field for how many days since last order

Userlevel 2

Here’s another approach:

Create a subquery using OrderHed.

Add a calculated field called  (say) Latest as string

and deineit as:

Case
  when Row_Number() OVER (Partition By  OrderHed.CustNum
  ORDER BY  OrderHed.OrderDate DESC)=1
  then 'YES'
  else 'NO'
end

And also include  Company, CustNum and OrderDate and OrderNum

Then in Top level add Customer table , bring in Subqery, link on Company and CustNum

And in the subquery filter the results where Latest=’YES’

This works well  Ascending or descending to find the first or last value

While I’m waiting on something to run. . .

Here’s an example for your subquery:

And hook it up something like this:

See if that helps.

Joe

Is there a way to get the OrderHed.OrderNum field onto the SubQuery w/o breaking everything when you do it this way? I put this in a Dash for my users and would like them to be able to right click in to the order.

I suppose I could add a second BAQ to the Dash that is linked to the CustID and shows all the sales orders for them when that row is clicked as a work around. That might even be better.

Userlevel 4

You’ve probably solved this problem already but allow me to refer you to this thread where I describe the steps to make a single-level BAQ that does a synthetic first or last.  I just constructed one to give a list of all customers who have made an order in the last three years, and the most recent order for each customer.  This is the table construction:

Single Level Last Order Per Customer Query

I did a presentation on how this works at the Texas EUG, and that file is linked to this posting.  In the early days of Epicor 10.0, before we learned how to do multi-level queries, it was a quick and dirty way of getting Epicor to give us first or last.

Customer Table Criterion

Customer Table Criterion

OrderHed and OrderHedNext Criteria

Use same table criteria for both copies of OrderHed

Relations, Customer to OrderHed

Starting with the Table Relation that defaults when you drag OrderHed onto the design field; change BTCustNum to CustNum in the OrderHed.

Relations, OrderHed to OrderHedNext

When you drag OrderHed in the second time, name it OrderHedNext.  Delete the default relation for it and join it this way, left join, and with the “next” order number strictly greater than the OrderHed order number.

Subquery Criterion

Tell Epicor you only want the entries for which the “next” entry is null.  Any field will work here except a date field; I always used Company for this.

Results

I’ve sorted this list by customer ID; you could probably order it by date as well.

The three-year limit was only to get it working in less than 30 seconds in the designer; YMMV.  For a dashboard, you could increase the history period, or remove the two criteria altogether to go back to the beginning of time.

HTH

…….Monty.