Question

EDI using Demand Management in Kinetic

• 9 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Has anyone been able to figure out how we can put EDI orders through Demand without it keeping history or triggering scheduling?  Since we do not use contracts for hand-entered sales orders, we do not want EDI orders to use contracts either.  Has anyone been able to see if there is some way to skip that part and just have the EDI order be a regular sales order?

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I think the term “contract” may be confusing.  EDI contracts seem to be just part of the infrastructure that allows the 1EDI aka Epicor EDI transactions to be mapped to a customer or a customer/location.

The rest of your question I’m afraid I don’t understand.  “Keeping history” anything that becomes a sales order in the system is going to result in some data history.  Are you referring to backing up the incoming EDI files that get deleted when processed?  And “triggering scheduling,” any customer demand setup can be configured to bring in the order “on hold” rather than go directly into the system.  Did you discuss these decisions when your EDI mapping process was done?

HTH

For a customer number that does EDI, I’m told I have to go into Demand Contract and create a contract for that customer number.  The problem we are seeing is that when an EDI order is brought in, the items on that order are being stored in Demand Contract.  We do not want that data stored in Demand Contract.  We only want a sales order to be created, and all the associated data should be retained in the sales order.  We do not want data/history stored in each Demand Contract entry.  When another PO comes in, for the same customer, since Demand Contract keeps track of the items from previous orders, then any part number that has been ordered before, gets a “schedule release” number attached to the order line number.  We do not want line items being tracked through Demand Contract.  Does that make more sense?

Userlevel 2

Yes, understood.  Not sure what the alternatives are, there.  I believe in the Demand Workbench, after the orders come in and get the “schedule release” treatment, and are allowed to create sales orders, that’s part of the infrastructure that the EDI code uses to keep track of what transactions have come in and are acknowledged back to the customer.  I believe there are settings that would force new orders to create new Epicor sales orders, rather than additional releases.  But it’s been a minute and I don’t recall what we were able to program there.  Hoping the person in charge of your incoming EDI mapping is able to assist.

Best,

..Monty.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.