Solved

Engineering Workbench Get Details From Quote Not Working

• 18 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

I had previously posted a reply to an old thread about Get Details in Engineering Workbench not correctly copying manufacturing details from a quote.  Specifically, leaving off some of the assemblies, during the copying process.  I only today realized that I’ve been posting in a forum called ERP Archive, which may not be visible to some of you.

Now we are seeing where an assembly that’s four levels down in the engineered quote template line, is being pulled up to the top level (it’s right under assembly 0) when we Get Details in the Engineering Workbench.  It is repeatable for a specific quote line.  Does anyone have a recent problem number I can reference when I open the case?  Or any additional information I might use to form a workaround?  My EWB person is at a standstill because there are about 75 part numbers in the multi-level assembly

Please help,

…...Monty.

icon

Best answer by mwilson 10 December 2021, 15:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

I have now opened case CS0002847060 with Epic Care.  Our repeatable error case shows a subassembly that’s supposed to appear four levels down in the engineering, in its correct place and also appearing right under assembly zero; it’s not supposed to be there according to the quote.

Thanks,

..Monty.

Userlevel 4

In case someone finds this issue in the future, there are actually three issues in play here.  (1) Some of the assemblies in lower levels of the engineering are erroneously duplicated at the top level, (2)  parts used as subassemblies that have approved revisions in the part master, but also have engineering in the quote, have their Methods pulled from their approved PartRev instead of from the quote engineering, and (3) sometimes operations in the quoted method are omitted in the Engineering Workbench after the Get Details.

(1) PRB0234761
This problem addresses the issue where the subassemblies are being duplicated from their correct levels into level 1 of the method, assembly zero.  This issue has already been fixed  by Epicor on starting version 2021.2.5 (11.1.200).  The Support person who helped me, made some tests on this version and the issue no longer occurs in the fixed versions.  The fix is also in 10.2.700.28 according to him.

(2) PRB0114285
This problem was created for my issue where the get details process on engineering workbench gets details for the subassemblies from their respective approved revisions, ignoring the structure defined on the quote for the subassemblies.  This  problem has not been resolved yet and is still present on the newest version of EPICOR available.  It is a known issue and my Support person linked my case to this problem to inform the development team that there is another user affected by the issue.

(3)  I did not report this issue to Epicor within my case, because I didn’t have a test case available to demonstrate the issue.  It is a common one, but my affected user has no notes on a case where it happens.  I will report it as a separate case going forward when she hits it again.