Question

Epicor 10.2.600 Slow every day

We experience slowness EVERY DAY.  Does anyone have this  isse?

10 replies

Have you looked into KB0110540?  Finding and applying this helped us!

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare/?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=abdb5c9bdb972410a587ef0705961996#

We had slowness in 10.2.600.  There are some cashing things you can do to speed things up a bit.  But when Epicor finished the switch to E11 our speed has been much better.  I believe they installed faster processers at the server farm.

I put a ticket in for it and they were able to walk me through the caching adjustments.

Ed Ferrier,

Userlevel 2

Hello,

What version of Epicor are you running.  We upgrade from 10.2.300 to 10.2.600 and have experience 30 -40 % performance degradation.

Do you runEpicor on-premise or is it hosted?

Mike

We run on-prem.

Userlevel 2

Epicor told us the Kinetic code in 10.2.600 is the cause of some \ most of the change in performance from 10.2.300. However, we are not using any of the Kinetic screens.

We are hosted by Epicor (Private Cloud).  

Epicor recently switched us from TCP to HTTPS for client connections.  We have see some improvement with HTTPS.

We went from 8.03 on premises to 10.2.600 on the cloud.  There was significant slowness to the point I put in a ticket.  The caching helped a bit but it returned to almost as fast as our legacy version when they installed the new processors.  I believe they can do some provisioning adjustments too that helped.

I would say the provisioning and the caching helped 15%.  The new processors and the upgrade to Kinetic 2021.1.3 got us 85%.

Yes, we don’t use the Kinetic screens.  The new version is named Kinetic because, the way I understand it, eventually the Kinetic screens will be the only option.  We are hosted by Epicor on the government cloud.

I don’t know if the processer upgrade or the new version fixed our issue but I will say they kept my ticket open and kept working to fix it until they resolved it.

Userlevel 3

@mfinn We are an on-prem user and are currently running 10.2.400 and do not have any issues with our Epicor response.  We are looking to move to the new Kinetics 2021 version.  What is the configuration of your servers (DB & App)?  I would like to compare to our current configuration to see it we should look at upgrading for Kinetics.

Thx.

We are working with Epicor and my managed services group.  We fixed the issues from the diagnostic scans. The next step is related to a Microsoft Windows update which may have interfered with Epicor.

Mike

Userlevel 4

In other threads, it is widely discussed that .600 is very slow, and that upgrading to .700 fixes it.