Solved

Epicor 2021.1 Client Installation Issue and Win10

• 22 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

We have 12 computers on our network that are currently running Epicor 10.2.400.9, and the new Kinetic client (2021.1.9).  However, we have 1 computer that does not seem to connect to the new Kinetic environment properly.  When the user runs the Kinetic client, a window pops up, stating the user is trying to connect to the server, and does not display the Kinetic menu screen.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Kinetic client several times, but it does not seem to want to work on this 1 PC.

Has anyone encountered the same issue and if so, can you provide us with some options to look at in an attempt to get this to work?  I have asked out internal Help Desk, if this individual is running any unique software application that could be the issue, and they have stated no.  The client is basically the same between E10 and E11(Kinetic), so we are at a loss as to how to diagnose this issue.  Overall we have approximately 80 laptop/PCs running Epicor 10.2.400.9, and the project team is approximately 15 individuals and have both clients installed and are working properly.  This 1 PC is a new member to the project team.

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by ssearle 22 September 2021, 18:24

View original

4 replies

It sounds like this one client might have an outdated SSL certificate in their Certificate store. If you do Start > Run “mmc” on the client you can look through the certificates (I assume you are on prem) and look for your server certificates. I bet you need to delete old one and have import a newer one. 

Userlevel 3

Thanks @clloyd but I have been told by our internal Help Desk, they have installed a new certificate and are able to connect to Kinetic via the web-based screens.  So I don’t think the certificate is the issue.

I don’t know if the client will not find the server due to a DNS issue or what, but our E10 client on the same PC is working fine and the Kinetic screens are accessible via a web-browser, which makes me think it is not a DNS issue.

Our internal Help Desk followed the same process for all of the other installs of 2021.1, except this 1 computer will not cooperate and find our App Server (which by the way contains both our E10 application and our new Kinetic application, so it does not have to find a new server or IP address.  Very confusing.

Just to clarify, the same user can log onto a different computer and it works.  Is that correct?  Is there any third party software firewall installed?I would also check for any firewall settings on the computer that you are having problems with.  I would disable the Windows firewall on the problem PC and test it without that being enabled.  Is it running the same AV client?

Userlevel 2

Good morning,

Not sure is this is exactly the same issue, but sounds similar.

We are cloud tenets, and therefore get cloud updates every six weeks or so.   About half of our installs process the updates correctly - we see the Stop and then the count up on the update.

However the other 50% get a cannot connect to server error.   We have a simple solution - using the Epicor Public Cloud folder on the desktop, we have the user log into MES instead of Epicor.  For whatever reason, MES updates properly, reset the pointer and then the user can log into Epicor.

We have been using the Cloud for more than 2 years.  Support could not find a solution, which usually they usually said “re-install” and that was not always successful.  Our IT noted that all of the MES station on the shop floor never had a problem, so they tried this on the Epicor users.  Since then we have just noted updates to our users and they have learned to log into MES then Epicor.

cch