Epicor ideas

• 31 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Several years ago, I posted about Epicor Ideas (see the post here)

When I posted that, I was still a Professional Services Consultant.. Since then I have moved into Product Management, and I am one of the people who get to review and promote ideas into new features… 

If you don’t currently participate in Epicor Ideas, follow the link above to learn more.

We recently did some minor updates on the status codes available in Epicor ideas, and the purpose of this post is to be a little transparent on what we have done.

SUMMARY:

1. We redefined when the votes are released: FORMERLY, the votes were not released until we “Closed-Delivered” the ideas… we changed this so that once we confirm that an Idea is part of the next release, the idea is marked as closed. No new voting is allowed, and any votes that you have already made are released so you can vote for more ideas.
  2. We more strongly defined each status code, and what they mean (see image below).
  3. We changed Automation so that ideas are not automatically marked as “Delivered” when we finish an Epic in Jira… This was to correct a problem. Formerly, when Development marked the Epic (or story) as “done”, it caused a cascade that would mark the idea as “closed-Delivered” which caused confusion. Thi is now corrected. It also means that we (product management) have to manually move ideas once they are delivered. Not a big problem, but just be aware that any time something is now changed to delivered, it was a manual step.

1 reply

Userlevel 4

@tshoemaker 

Thank you, Tim, for the clarifications!