Question

Epicor Kinetic Session EndpointNotFoundException

• 5 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

We are currently testing Epicor Kinetic 2022.2 and as part of the update we need to update a number of external application that utilize the Epicor .dll files. When trying to create a Session object we are getting a EndpointNotFoundException. This error only occurs when we are attempting to run the program from our server, when running it from my laptop it works fine. Below is the line of code I am using to create the Session. If anyone has any ideas on why this might be happening it would be greatly appreciated. The Session object is found in the Ice.Core.Session.dll file.

Session epiSession = null;
try
{
epiSession = new Session(Settings.Default.EpicorUserID, Settings.Default.EpicorPassword, Ice.License.LicensableUserCounts.DefaultUser, Settings.Default.EpicorConfigFile);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
Logger.WriteLog("Error connecting to epicor.", ex);
throw;
}

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Check where your config file is pointed and make sure it’s correct. Make sure the endpoint value is correct in the file for your instance.

I’d also say, with Kinetic, Epicor advocates using the Web API as much as possible.  They tell all 3rd party folks to use it.  If you can redo your DLLs to use the API, I think you’ll be happier in the long run.  Plus you don’t have to deal (as much) with changes to the business objects.  For example, I’ve been hit with reordering of parameters between patches as well as adding parameters.  The Rest API insulates you (mostly) from that happening.