Question

Error in creating a BAQ in Kinetic

• 2 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I encountered error when trying to save my new BAQ in Kinetic 2022.1. The error message is : Query validation failed. Does anybody know what is the issue?

2 replies

There can be many reasons for that error.   The most likely causes are either the joins between tables or a condition statement with an incorrect conjunction statement.    It used to be that when one wrote a condition and then modified part of the condition that the field would revert to the Company field.    If you had a Boolean statement and Company was not true/false, it would throw this error.   

A quick way to find the error is to look at the SQL statement on the first page.

If there is nothing obvious, try building a duplicate query and test after every table or condition is added.

I think this is not the BAQ issue that I am facing with. I am using 2022.1 and this is the first time I am trying BAQ in Kinetic interface. I was not able to save it (the BAQ header) after I entered only Query ID and description and checked on Shared option. I haven’t select any table yet. By right I should be able to save the new BAQ header instead of getting the error message “Query validation failed”. I wonder did I miss out any setting for Kinetic?

Menu maintenance for BAQ

At the menu maintenance, it does not allow me to check the Kinetic Enabled option. Is this correct? If not, how to solve the issue?