Question

Heads UP! 2022.1.8 and a recurring MRP Issue

Userlevel 2

It seems that 2022.1.8 has (re)introduced an issue with MRP running and saying that the App server does not match in Kinetic and what is on the Server. We just upgraded to 2022.1.9 because of a fix with Lot selection on Inventory transactions and have done a provisional MRP test before we release the system for UAT and we are getting the following error -

15:01:23 Beginning of Update of PartPlant.PartRunMRP
15:01:25 End of Update of PartPlant.PartRunMRP
15:01:25 Starting sub-processes
15:01:25 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
15:01:25 -> Verify that the Appserver URL in the System Agent is the same as the URL in the Epicor Administration Console - Connection Properties
15:01:25 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
15:01:25 -> Verify that the Appserver URL in the System Agent is the same as the URL in the Epicor Administration Console - Connection Properties
15:01:28 Scheduling Jobs...
15:01:28 Erp.Internal.MR.MRPCancelledException: Cancelling from MrpExp mrp
   at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.mrp(Boolean p_net, String p_plist, Nullable`1 p_cutoff, String p_reqtype, Nullable`1 MRP_DEBUG_ON, String ipPartList, String ipPartClassList, String ipProdGrupList, List`1 ttMrpProcRows, List`1 ttMrpQueueRows) in C:\_releases\ERP\ERP11.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 2349
   at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.main_block(List`1 ttMrpProcRows, List`1 ttMrpQueueRows) in C:\_releases\ERP\ERP11.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 1867
   at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_releases\ERP\ERP11.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 824

The MRP stops after a few seconds and actually is marked as complete in the system monitor. 

We have spoken with Chris Coogan at EPICOR who confirms that this is a known bug but looking on Epicare it could be a re-occurrence of an issue that was raised in May 2021!

10 replies

Userlevel 2

We ran into this issue back in April of this year on version 2022.1.1. They had to apply a fix (ERP-40914) to our server to correct it, and they also opened problem PRB0249226, which I see is still in Accepted status without any Resolution or Fixed in Release noted.

Userlevel 2

We ran into this issue back in April of this year on version 2022.1.1. They had to apply a fix (ERP-40914) to our server to correct it, and they also opened problem PRB0249226, which I see is still in Accepted status without any Resolution or Fixed in Release noted.

We just found your problem on epicare and sent that to our PM to look into. Strange that you saw it on 2022.1.1 and we have been fine up unto 2022.1.5.

Userlevel 2

I have sent you a message on this.

We are going live tomorrow and just ran into this after testing everything to be ok in 2022.1.6 and now have this error for Global scheduling and MRP. 

What is the fix and how do I get Epicor support to make it work? 

Userlevel 2

We are going live tomorrow and just ran into this after testing everything to be ok in 2022.1.6 and now have this error for Global scheduling and MRP. 

I would ask them about applying a fix (ERP-40914 was the one they used for us) to your server to correct it, and also reference problem PRB0249226. That should get them pointed in the right direction for you.

Userlevel 2

I would ask them about applying a fix (ERP-40914 was the one they used for us) to your server to correct it, and also reference problem PRB0249226. That should get them pointed in the right direction for you.

https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=bd8c5ad81b25d110c512c5d96e4bcb2b

Userlevel 2

https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=bd8c5ad81b25d110c512c5d96e4bcb2b

Userlevel 2

If you dont have access to epicare the this is what i got on my email from support -

I have a fix from Development for this issue, could you please try this and let me know if it resolves the issue for you:

NOTE: This should be done on both servers (primary and print) for the environment you are using, e.g. Pilot

- Go to your AppServer's Website directory, you can see this in the EAC:

sys_attachment.do?sys_id=51845ed31b5d5d18d4a5c8415b4bcb05

- In this directory, locate the file host.config and open it Notepad

- Locate the line </appSettings> then add the following above it:

<add key="LauncherAuthenticationMode" value="Windows" />

sys_attachment.do?sys_id=d4e79a971b5d5d18d4a5c8415b4bcb31

- Click File > Save to save the file. NOTE: If the "Save As" dialogue box is shown, you don't have permission to modify it directly. Save the file to your Desktop first, then copy the file into the website directory, you will be prompted to provide administrator permission to do so

- Recycle the Application Pool

Once the above has been done on both servers, log in to the client and test MRP and let me know your results.

Regards,

Mike

If you dont have access to epicare the this is what i got on my email from support -

I have a fix from Development for this issue, could you please try this and let me know if it resolves the issue for you:

NOTE: This should be done on both servers (primary and print) for the environment you are using, e.g. Pilot

- Go to your AppServer's Website directory, you can see this in the EAC:

sys_attachment.do?sys_id=51845ed31b5d5d18d4a5c8415b4bcb05

- In this directory, locate the file host.config and open it Notepad

- Locate the line </appSettings> then add the following above it:

<add key="LauncherAuthenticationMode" value="Windows" />

sys_attachment.do?sys_id=d4e79a971b5d5d18d4a5c8415b4bcb31

- Click File > Save to save the file. NOTE: If the "Save As" dialogue box is shown, you don't have permission to modify it directly. Save the file to your Desktop first, then copy the file into the website directory, you will be prompted to provide administrator permission to do so

- Recycle the Application Pool

Once the above has been done on both servers, log in to the client and test MRP and let me know your results.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks profusely for posting this. Epicor still has not updated our ticket set to urgent from yesterday with this issue and this saved our go-Live today! 

Thanks for posting and making our day!

Userlevel 2

Epicor still has not updated our ticket set to urgent from yesterday with this issue...

Oh, good to know that it’s not just us that they aren’t responding to tickets on. We also had some urgent tickets recently and one was never responded to before we resolved the issue a day later.