Question

How to set up Report Classes in general ledger account maintenance

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

When I set up a general ledger account, it has a Report Class drop down list.  But, I cannot add a new report class to the existing list.  How do I set up a new Report Class in general ledger account maintenance

2 replies

Can you post a screen shot of what you’re trying to add.  I don’t see a report class on the GL Account.  On the Natural Account segment I see category and Report Category.  How you add to each of these is a little different.  Categories are maintained on the GL Setup menu.  Report Categories can either be manually entered or they can be setup as a list as User defined codes.  System Setup, System Maintenance, user Codes.  You add a type GLRepCat and list your codes on the third tab:

These codes will appear in the circled area below.  Note:  Report Category changed from a text field to a drop down field.

Userlevel 3

@ktaylor_marotta is correct.  If you have a defined UD Code for GLRptCat, then you can add whatever category headings you wish to be able to select, via System Setup → System Maintenance → User Codes.

If you do not have a UD entry for GLRptCat, then the field is a text field, which can contain anything you wish, but in order to be able to sort by this field, the text will have to be consistent when it is entered.  As a Text field, the length cannot exceed 10 characters.