Question

Invoiced not Received Report/Tracker

• 3 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have had a request from our new Head of Finance asking if there is an invoiced not received report/tracker? 

This is what she has asked -

“Each month we run the report in Epicor ‘Received not invoiced’ which shows items where we have GRN’d a PO, but the invoice has not yet been received.

Is there a corresponding report showing ‘goods invoiced not received’? When I look at the GL transactions I can see invoices being booked to the GRNI code, so without the corresponding GRN it stays as a balance on the GL account. However as its not on the first report we effectively write these items off each month rather than check if they are correct or not. Can we reconcile?”

I am not aware of a report, can anyone advise?

Cheers guys and gals.

5 replies

How are you processing the invoices that you are paying prior to receipt?  unreceived line, advanced billing

Userlevel 3

If you are performing a 3-way match of PO to Receipt to Invoice, then you are only paying for items which have been received and invoiced.

Why would you pay an invoice prior to receiving the item?

You might be able to write a BAQ looking at the PO Line table for invoiced items and then look to the Receipt table to see if there is a corresponding receipt.  Are you specifically looking for inventory items that have been prepaid?  If so, you will have to use the PO line type of Inventory to reduce the number of records. to review. 

Userlevel 2

How are you processing the invoices that you are paying prior to receipt?  unreceived line, advanced billing

I will update when i have found out as that question has crossed my mind as well.

Userlevel 3

Daniel, 

I have written a received not invoiced dashboard which is not time-sensitive.   You can run for a prior month even though some invoices have been applied to the receipts.  Unlike the printed report.

I know I could produce an invoiced not received dashboard that would show you what you are looking for.  There are times that a company needs to do a downpayment for the services prior receipt of goods.

Let me know if you would like some help with that.

I have attached the information on the RNI dashboard so you would have an idea how to approach this problem.

Bruce

Userlevel 2

There are two ways you can pay an invoice against a PO where goods are not received yet. One is as an advance and other as Unreceived goods.

For advance there is a report under AP called Advance Payment Balance. Typically the GL for advance payments is different from GRNI, please review your setup. So if goods are not received against these advance payments, they will show up there.

For Unreceived goods, these are dealt with in the AP>Gen Ops>Invoice/Receipt match process. If there are invoices for which goods are not received they will show up there. This is also used to match receipts against Unreceived lines. There is no separate report for this.

Thanks

Vinay