Question

Job Part Table

• 26 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Can i directly update the Job Part Table via DMT? Every time i run the Job Part Template it says “You are not licensed to maintain this table”, If that is the case and i cannot maintain, how does the information in that table get updated? For example, Qty Completed.

7 replies

Are you able to generate the JobPart template in DMT, and have you got the right data in the key fields eg Company?  All the compulsory fields completed?

Just checking the basics first, I’ve not used that particular DMT but never had that warning message from any of the ones that I have used 

Userlevel 2

Are you able to generate the JobPart template in DMT, and have you got the right data in the key fields eg Company?  All the compulsory fields completed?

Just checking the basics first, I’ve not used that particular DMT but never had that warning message from any of the ones that I have used 

Yep i can get to the template, i have chosen all the required columns (although i have noticed that some of the required columns are not shown on the ‘Required Columns’ message window that pops up on some templates). I have never seen the message on any other template that i have used which makes me think it is not directly maintainable.

I’ve just run the template with only the 3 required fields (Company, JobNum, PartNum) , put in a current job with no changes and run it into DMT, no error message about a licence. 

It did return an error after processing though  - “…. JobNum 8342 PartNum 8342  Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.” and “….ForeignKeyConstraint HeadPart requires the child key values (IRACROFT, 8342) to exist in the parent table.”  I don’t know why its returning the job number in the part number field as the data in the input table is correct.  But that’s a different issue and as I’m unlikely to ever use this I’m leaving it alone!

So I don’t get your error of a license.

Maybe try doing an input with a very few columns/fields to update to see if it is field specific?

Otherwise, don’t know, sorry.

Alan

Userlevel 2

I’ve just run the template with only the 3 required fields (Company, JobNum, PartNum) , put in a current job with no changes and run it into DMT, no error message about a licence. 

It did return an error after processing though  - “…. JobNum 8342 PartNum 8342  Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.” and “….ForeignKeyConstraint HeadPart requires the child key values (IRACROFT, 8342) to exist in the parent table.”  I don’t know why its returning the job number in the part number field as the data in the input table is correct.  But that’s a different issue and as I’m unlikely to ever use this I’m leaving it alone!

So I don’t get your error of a license.

Maybe try doing an input with a very few columns/fields to update to see if it is field specific?

Otherwise, don’t know, sorry.

Alan

No worries, i have tried using different columns etc... but still getting the same error. I have raised a support ticket to see if it genuinely is an issue.

Userlevel 2

Daniel,

Here’s the Epicor description for the JobPart table:

“JobPart : Defines the end parts that are being produced on a job.
 A child table of JobHead and a Parent to the JobProd table. In order to directly maintain this table the Advanced Production license is required.
The system will automatically create a record using the PartNum of the JobHead.
The quantity fields are maintained via the triggers of the JobProd table.”

The info in JobPart would normally come from from other job processes. The QtyCompleted field would be set from actually reporting quantity. Where I’ve set jobs up from scratch that are in the middle of processing on another system, I’ve used job adjustments to catch the jobs up to the point where they were on the old system, including issues, report quantity, etc. You can use DMT to do this, as I recall (from dim misty memory).

Hope this helps.

Joe

Userlevel 2

Thanks Joe, one more thing to add to the list of things to do!

Userlevel 2

Thanks Joe, one more thing to add to the list of things to do!

Epicor is helpful that way. :-)