Question

Journal Entry Kinetic form - paste insert lines

• 6 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

In classic view there is option to paste in journal lines from excel.  We use this feature in several screens in classic view.  Has anyone found how to paste insert lines into kinetics?  This is a very useful feature, sure hope that feature is going to be added before the classic forms go away.

Thank you,

Donna Myers

5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have tried with many different combinations of GL account number. However, could not make it work. Had to go back to classic view for Journal entry. You can try DMT which should work.

Userlevel 1

We are using Journal Entry in Kinetic though it is very finicky, especially with paste/insert. When you right click in the grid you’ll get the option to paste update or paste new. We found that the formatting for the amount and GL code are different for Kinetic than Classic. For instance, in Kinetic, we found that the amounts need to be formatted as General not a typical number format. The GL account needs to be pipes not dashes although dashes are what is visually displayed in the grid.

We have an open PRB because if you update an amount that was pasted in, it updates the amount displayed in the grid, but the Group Edit list still reports the amount that was originally pasted. 

Short answer, pasting works, kind of. If you don’t need to convert it to Kinetic yet, I’d recommend waiting until they work out some more of the bugs with pasting and grids.

Hello,

Has anyone here heard of not copying and pasting into kinetic forms or Epicor in general?  I was able to get the journal entry lines to copy and paste into kinetics journal entry, but have been told that pasting data into Epicor should not be done because of creating extra characters.  I am not seeing any extra characters created in the journal entry lines.  Classic view has the export and paste insert function and appears that kinetics has the same function.  Is there something behind the scenes that I am not seeing or is this ok to do across all functions?

Thank you

Userlevel 1

You can copy/paste but it doesn’t work very well in Kinetic yet. They fix something, but something else doesn’t work correctly with each release. We’ve noticed journal entry is particularly problematic and are still using it in classic because of the bugs. I attached a screenshot of our cases and bugs. A couple of the bugs have been resolved, but PRB0241576 is still open. If you’re not on the current version, you could still be impacted by some of the other PRBs

Userlevel 1

You can copy paste it just still isn’t working correctly in all areas. Often times they fix one issue which only uncovers the next. When we find something not working we submit it and they are accepting them as bugs which tells me they intend for the functionality to work since a PRB means they intend to fix it.