Question

LaborDtl Storing JCDept on Indirect Labor

• 12 August 2022
  • 5 replies

• Known Participant
  • 59 replies

We have an instance of some records in LaborDtl that have a JCDept assigned, even though the transaction is for Indirect labor.  How would it assign a JCDept code even though the entry was for an Indirect Expense code?  Not only that, but it’s assigning our General department (30) rather than the department the employee belongs to (23).

I’ve looked at the indirect expense codes and I cannot find anything that looks out of sorts.

For example, one employee has 3 entries for funeral leave for 3 consecutive days.  2 of the entries do not have a JCDept in LaborDtl, while the 3rd one does. 

It isn’t affecting anything seriously, just some reports that are comparing both the JCDept in LaborDtl and the JCDept assigned to the employee.

We are on Epicor 10.2.500.13.

5 replies

I do believe this comes from the resource. 

In the example I gave, the employee was on funeral leave for those days.  Therefore they did not do any work on any resource since they weren’t here. 

We report funeral leave, sick time, vacation time, etc. as an indirect expense.

My somewhat-confusion comes from the fact that only 1 of 3 entries has a JCDept assigned, and they were all entered the same way in Labor Entry.

Userlevel 2

I also struggle with this. I have hourly office employees and when they punch out it gets posted to production indirect hours.  It ends up being part of the cost of goods sold applied labor accounts. Have not fount a good way to keep these straight. 

I’ve come across this as well. It seems to only be for *some* people in a certain department / resource. The only thing I have been able to deduce is, when the employee clocks out, Epicor is pulling the GL code from the payroll record when the employee record is blank even when the employee record is set to primary. I’ve checked everything I can possibly think of that would be causing this because all settings match between those employees it pulls the department for and those it sets as indirect. A work around I found was to create a separate percon to attach the employee and workforce record to, while leaving the payroll record attached to the original percon. Not my preferred workaround but until I can figure out what is going on, it’s all we can do.

If anyone has any ideas as to why only some employees have this issue and why that workaround corrects it, I’m open for ideas.

Userlevel 2

I have the same problem. Especially with hourly office employees. Their time gets posted to direct labor applied labor or  indirect account and not the proper GL account. Unfortunately I can not suggest  a fix that I would recommend.