Solved

Mail Maintenance Problem

Hi All,

First post on the forum as a member of Epicor Users and new to Kinetic! :)

We have recently begun our Epicor journey and have begun the Pre-implementation training supplied by Epicor directly to introduce Epicor Kinetic Saas to the business.

I have had an open support call with Epicor now for over a week to try and resolve an issue with regards to E-mail setup which is currently preventing me from being able to add any new users to the system.

We have Office 365 but Epicor have recommended us setting up mail settings using SendGrid (as this is how most clients setup) and i have followed their advice to do this. However, I have not been able to resolve the issue and i get an error message when trying to send a test email.

Has anyone implementing Saas had a similar issue? I have it setup as below as per advised by Epicor directly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Luke (Sherwood Stainless & Aluminium Ltd)

icon

Best answer by sue.lowden 8 November 2022, 16:59

View original

11 replies

What is the error message?

Make sure you’re using the correct port. Some firewall configurations block port 25, so you might want to try one of the other available ports on SendGrid. If you use SSL, which you should, it would be port 465.

https://docs.sendgrid.com/for-developers/sending-email/integrating-with-the-smtp-api

Hi Ramon,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried changing the port from 25 to 2525 or 587 via the notes you have sent. I have also tried 465 and enabling SSL (Although not advised to by Epicor) and no luck.

When i enable SSL and use 465 it hangs for a while before displaying the same error message as below which i get instantly if i select any of the other ports/disable SSL.

Userlevel 2

Luke,

I have a quick short cut - I will sometimes change the email address for sending/resetting when the pop up appears.  I will use my google email, then copy paste  the email to the internal user.

We went around this issue for a while, and sometimes still do.  

Our IT had to change some settings in 365 to get the emails through.  I was told that some MS updates change restriction settings and then the password emails become blocked.   Because this is not an everyday item, it takes IT a while to correct, so try a non MS365 email address.

cch

Hi Charles, sorry i do not quite understand.

What pop up? Do you mean when you hit “Send Test Email” in mail maintenance? Or are you referring to the user maintenance screen when it trys to email a temporary password to the user for user setup?

Userlevel 4

Hi

We recently came across an issue for a SaaS customer where we were setting the password to “blank” when we activated the user however what it was actually doing was setting the password to the Epicor SaaS provided manager password (not blank)

We ended up creating the users, logging in as them under the manager password and then changing - i believe we also have an open call on this

I cant seem to actually even get that far - If i create a user and go to “Enable” then it asks me to send a temp password out via email, if i try to do this i get the error message which i have posted previously above.

The box to set the temp password to “blank” is greyed out :(

Userlevel 4

The ability to set a blank password is set in the Password Policy Maintenance 

Try turning this on

Enable the account and  clear out the email address

Select the blank password option

See if you can login as the user

If you are using Kinetic via a browser then there appears to be an issue which has been escalated to Epicor Development for a 2023 release so you may have to do this on a locally installed client

Userlevel 2

Luke,

I set users up in steps.

Enter the ID, name, etc.  save. 

Enable Account - there will be a pop box asking where to send the temporary password.   I will fill in my google email.  

@sue.lowden  thank you - this has worked perfectly as a work around. At least now i can get users setup whilst i wait for a fix on the email issue.

@Luke Rogers did you solve the email setup problem? We are getting the same error now. GCC High SaaS. 

Hi Amy,

They resolved it for me through ticket CS0003355451 - think they did an adjustment in the back end.

I know you had to set the System mail and report type to Legacy SMTP

Then set the credentials in SMTP card

Hope this helps