Question

Material lot number on customer packing list

• 18 April 2023
  • 4 replies

We have a unique (at least I think it is) customer requirement. We need to put the material lot number used on the job on the customer packing slip.

Anyone have any idea how we can accomplish this?

4 replies

Can you use the comment section on the order line?  I believe those print on the packing slip.  Make sure to put it on the Pack tab (or use Duplicate at the bottom to put it on all tabs)

Userlevel 1

We put the final assembly lot data in a separate C of C.

We also have a detailed Material lot data report we send at customer request but these are separate documents.

Attaching an example of the detail can send the BAQ if it would help. But again it is a separate document.

Userlevel 2

AvCarb uses Lot numbers on everything.  Therefore we have a custom pack slip that list details on each line shipped:  part number, qty and lot number.   This works as the parts being shipped are all lot tracked. 

If you are referring to the material used/input to the final part, that will complicate printing the lot number.  I would presume shipping from job would be a requirement to reference the correct material lot, which would still require a custom pack slip.

cch

Userlevel 4

If your sales order line is linked directly to the job, you’ll have a clear path to the data, by looking at the issue transactions’ lot numbers.  If, however, you ship from stock, even just receiving the job into Finished Goods stock bin and shipping from there, you may need to lot-track or serial-track your sold products in order to know which material lots were used in their manufacture.