Question

Material Request Queue

• 3 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3

We are cleaning up some unclosed Sales Orders from several years ago but when trying to close the orders get the message about their being referenced by at least one material queue.  I have looked all over for the dashboard for the Material Request Queue but can’t find a menu item for Advanced Materials Management (licensed) except under Data Collection and that one has no General Operations sub-menu.

This is for Kinetic 2021.2.9 - Any idea where I can delete items from the queue?

Thanks,
-Todd C.

9 replies

We are on 10.2.6.600 and the Material Request Queue can be found: Material Management>Advanced Material Management>General Operations.

In order to open the Material Request Queue you will need to attach an active employee to the User Account on the Company tab.

Userlevel 3

Found Material Que under Data Collection - Handheld. There is no option for General Operations under Advanced Material Management.  Checked menu security and it allows everyone and no General Operations submenu there either. 

Already did the Employee part and when I try Material Queue under Handheld it gives me the little handheld version - not what I was looking for.  I was expecting a list of queue items that I can select and delete for an order.

-Todd

We have a menu after Data Collection called Advanced Material Managment: 

Userlevel 3

Not there

And it shows as licensed:

This might require opening a case with support.  Thanks for the suggestions.

-Todd

Userlevel 1

Go to FWB, select by order and “unallocate and unreserve” if often works even if you cannot find the allocation or other mtl queue req.

Userlevel 4

The name of the screen is Material Request Queue; you should be able to find that in Menu Search.  If it’s not appearing, normally that means AMM isn’t licensed.  But then you wouldn’t have entries in it.  It’s possible your company had it licensed in years past and had it removed from their annual plan.

There is also a screen in AMM called Material Queue Management, but you haven’t been able to delete entries from there since 9.05.

HTH

.Monty.

Userlevel 4

Almost forgot.  If there are things that seem to be missing from your menu, check Menu Management and make sure you’re in a group that can see AMM in the menu.

I did this - maybe last year.  I started to use the module, but it was a pain because we had a lot.  I opened a ticket with Support, and they gave me a DF to run to clear them out.  That worked.  It was version specific, so you’d need to ask them for it.  We were on E10 at the time, so I don’t know about the Kinetic version.  I assume it would be the same process.

This tread helped my tie my name open the material request queue.  There are about 8,000 transactions in there. 

I found the ones that were prohibiting me from closing customer orders and deleted them.

Does something need to take place on these 8,000 records or are they ok sitting in there?

Thank you,

Missy