Question

New Payroll Deduction (E9.05.702A)

• 7 December 2020
  • 3 replies

• Known Participant
  • 46 replies

My controller has asked me to modify an existing report (in Crystal Reports) to include the new FMLA deduction that goes into effect 01/01/21. I created a running total for the field and a formula to show a zero if the sum is null but can’t get any result for that deduction ID. Is there a trick anyone knows that will allow me to display the sum of a blank field as a zero? I really need to test this report before we need starting in a few weeks.

3 replies

Userlevel 3

It’s been a while but it should be something like:

IF ISNULL({fieldname}) THEN 0 ELSE {fieldname}

No luck. I tried that format with an existing, well documented deduction ID as well as the newly created one. Neither produced anything except for the actual deductions under the existing ID. Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 3

I was re-reading your post and you mention a running total. It might be worth checking the positioning of the total on the page. I’ve had this previously where the running total was NULL rather than zero and I had the total in the incorrect position/section. 

I don’t recall the specifics but I believe I had to display the total in the section/group above where I would expect to have shown the total.

Sorry to be so vague but I’ve not used Crystal in anger for 3-4 years.