Question

PartBin - WhseBin Mismatches for Quantity on Hand E9

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

All, I am after so help as we are experiencing massive issues with the above and at one point 2 weeks ago i had to run the FixBinAll and Conversion 6430 every other day for a week and a half.

I know we are still on E9 and that is why we are getting absolutely no-where with EPICOR but at the moment we are using a system that quite frankly is not fit for purpose.

What i want to know is how many people still have issues with the above, how frequently you have the issues and which version of EPICOR you are on?

We are just staring the upgrade roadmap to 10 and we are looking to introduce many other EPICOR offerings to the business but this does not seem to matter to them as they keep saying there is nothing we can do.

Any information/help from you guys would be appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Daniel

I’ve experienced the same pain in previous companies on E9. This was a weekly task on a database where the process you mention took 1-8 hours to run depending on how out of sync the tables had gotten.

There may be actions that are happening within your DB (BPM’s, timing of shipments or receipts) that are exacerbating the problem. The system that was experiencing the issues previously was down to timing of shipments being processed at the same time as receipts (automation due to third party warehouse). These were split out and the two run processes run one after the other.

E10 is certainly more resilient. I’m not saying you’ll get away from that routine entirely but rather than weekly at 10.1 it was run annually and at 10.2 I’m not aware that it has been required.

Tim

Userlevel 2

I have noticed some recent issues that have occurred when our night shift have been doing transactions. The only process that runs at that time is our MRP, surely that would not cause the issue?

Userlevel 2

Hi Daniel

I’ve experienced the same pain in previous companies on E9. This was a weekly task on a database where the process you mention took 1-8 hours to run depending on how out of sync the tables had gotten.

Tim

And that is also where the issue lies, running both of those processes takes up to 8 hours and i am sure that you should not be performing transactions while those processes are running (I may have got that bit wrong)

Userlevel 3

Daniel, 

I understand your pain with E9 and want to work through it.

Do you have DMT?

Have you tried running a DMT update on the partwarehouse table based on the inventory in the partbin table?

This update could go a lot faster.  

Bruce Larson

bruce@larsonSolutions.com

763-486-0030