Question

parts schedule 1 day early

• 17 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

We slowly backing our way into the scheduling functionality. We are mostly using infinite scheduling. We have lots of small jobs that are constantly changing date, so we mostly pay attention to the due date. However, some parts always schedule to finish 1 day before the req. by date. It seems to be part specific, but I cannot figure what pushes these parts early.

Has anyone had a similar experience or suggest what variables/setup that might drive this? 

6 replies

Doug:

When you say 1 day before the req. by date - what table and what field do you mean?

Roberto.

Doug

A few things to check:

1. Production calendar.  Do you have parts with a Req date on a weekend or holiday on the calendar?  I’ve never paid close attention to it, but scheduling should move the due date to a work day.
  2. Does “mostly finite” mean you are running finite scheduling with the finite capacity unchecked on specific resources?  In that case check the resource to see if you have unchecked the finite capacity field.
  3. Check the Part/Plants/Planning information.  There are scheduling variables for Production Prep, Kit Time, and Receive Time.  We set the Receive Time to 1 so our production is finished the day before shipping.  

I hope one of these is your answer.  We are in the same situation with small make to order jobs moving all around.  It’s a challenge and I’m far from the expert.

Thanks,

Matt Stuppy

Userlevel 1

Look at the Part’s Receive Time (in Part Entry or Tracker on the Plants / Planning tab, Scheduling box in lower left corner).

Userlevel 1

JobHead.DueDate is one day before JobHead.ReqDueDate

Doug -

We had a similar issue but it was happening with all of our parts.  We found the issue to be our Backward Scheduling Start Time.  I believe the default schedule is 12 AM (Midnight) so in order to have the job complete by 12 AM it actually had to be finished the day before and therefore every job was scheduling to be done 1 day early.  We changed our default  Backward Scheduling Start Time to 12 PM in Site Maintenance > Detail > Planning and now jobs are completed according to their Req By Date.

Connie Peters

Userlevel 1

Thank you. While I have not tested this yet. I’m sure this is it. In fact I was looking for this at the part level and not finding it. I never thought to look at the site level.

Thank you again. I cannot tell you how much hassle this will save.