Solved

Periodic Posting Process PUR-UKN

• 13 December 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone have any screenshots available of their posting rules where they have added more description details for the PUR-UKN transactions on the Inv/WIP Reconciliation Report that they would care to share? I have looked at some of the documents that have been uploaded and cant seem to get my head around them and not having customised Posting Rules before i would like to see what needs to be done.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by pjackson 13 December 2021, 23:29

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2

I had a very detailed document, and tried it in Pilot, but then screwed it up in Production.

In the end, we engaged support to write the changes for us.  They only problem, Epicor changed their rules in February and we had to engage support again this year.

Just be very careful if you do it yourself.

cch

Hi;

See screenshot below. (10.2.400.25).

Transaction Text is the field you want to update. All the fields above that are variables I added to construct the comment.

I hope it helps. 

Alex

Userlevel 3

A couple comments if you do the customization:

1. I believe that the “Transaction Text” will be concatenated at 30 characters.  So be wary of that as you concatenate things
  2. I recommend that you put in an if then statement to bail out if the concatenation fails.

I did mine before they had the separate customization tab, and it looks like the below.

Userlevel 2
Would this work?

Would the above work? Do i need to change, add anything to it?

Userlevel 3

looks good to me, but I would add the error trapping of “if transaction text is not available…..”

Because, if it  fails to build the good description, it can fail to post and you may  not get all transactions posted to the GL.

Userlevel 2

Hi Paul,

Something like this?

Userlevel 3

Yes, that is much safer

Userlevel 2

Could i change it to -

Transaction Text = ‘PUR-UKN’ + ‘PartTran Info Missing’

or something like that? 

Userlevel 3

As long as it is simply text, and is not pulling any data fields, you can have it say anything you want.

Userlevel 2

Great thanks for your help Paul. 

Now to test it :laughing:

Userlevel 2

Yes, that is much safer

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help on this, it works fine in our Kinetic Test Bed. One question our Finance Team have asked is can i put it into our E9 environment so that they can make use of the added information until go live on Kinetic.

I have noticed that there is no Customisation Tab in the E9 posting rule. Below is the std rule for PUR-UKN for E9, where would you suggest i add my custom code?

Userlevel 3

Daniel,

The below snippet is from E10, but is essentially what I have done in E9.  I like putting this as close to the top as I can.

Userlevel 2

Not sure what i am doing wrong as i have done the below(For some reason if i added to the top i was not getting the correct alignment) and all i am getting in the review journal is the line number-