Question

Permissions on warehouse

• 20 January 2022
  • 2 replies

In our Main plant, we have some process issues around sales folks seeing quantity in our Receiving warehouse, and although it goes into a non-nettable bin, they call the Receiving crew to ask when it will be put away, or they assume that the quantity will be available to a customer.

Our Receiving Manager would like to be able to limit visibility of any quantities in the Receiving warehouse in our Main plant.  Is there a configuration in Base Kinetic to manage this?

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Are they looking in Part Tracker or Time Phase?

We have a similar situation. In our case it is a samples warehouse. I don’t know of a way around it. We have created dashboards that remove the warehouse and even put a “saleable qty” customization on the Sales Order and Quote form so that the sales people have the relevant information and don’t have go looking on their own. Where would find the receiving or sample warehouse information.

Our problem is very similar to yours, I think.  I think this is mostly in Part Tracker, which is very clear that the quantity is not nettable and that it is in Receiving, but they get too excited when they see it is coming and pressure our Receiving crew to do the putaway :-)

I think we can customize, but I was looking to see if there is a way to use base functionality.