Solved

Reentering ECO Group when checking out part in Engineering Workbook

Userlevel 2

We’re currently testing Epicor 11 (Kinetic 2021.1) and have discovered that if you go into Engineering Workbench, input an ECO Group, then go to Actions > Check Out Part that it does not pull the ECO Group into that dialog box and you have to enter it again in order to be able to check out a part.

Is this the way that it is supposed to work and always has, or is this something to put in an EpicCare ticket about?

In our Live environment (version 10.2.700.12) the ECO Group does auto-populate if already entered in Engineering Workbench, and I cannot find a BPM that we created for it to do this. Which is why I’m asking if either the Kinetic 2021.1 or our Live environment behavior is the expected behavior.

icon

Best answer by mwilson 5 May 2021, 23:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

FYI - I could not check in parts after checking them out in Kinetics.  I had to close them using classic.

Also, if you view costs - my costs fields were all zeroes in Kinetics while classic has values.

cch

Userlevel 4

The version of the software you’re testing is very new, and you appear to have found an issue with it.  Normal behavior is as you describe with the older version: after entering your ECO group, that group is associated with the check-outs and check-ins you perform.

Userlevel 2

Thanks, @mwilson , that’s exactly the answer I was searching for!

Userlevel 2

From Epicor support:

We have been previously advised of this behavior and have submitted it to our Development Team for review. Our Development team has reviewed and accepted this behavior as a bug and created report ERPS-176371 to work on its correction. Development has confirmed that this behavior is meant to be corrected in version 2023.1 of the software which will be available during spring of this year. I will be linking record PRB0243077 to the case. You can review and keep track of it via the "My Problems" section of your EpicCare.