Question

Refresh Existing Job Burden Rates

• 10 August 2022
  • 5 replies

• Known Participant
  • 59 replies

We are using Epicor 10.2.500.13

We recently found that two of our Resource Groups had incorrect burden rates, and also were assigned to the wrong department.  We’ve changed the Resource Groups so they are assigned to the correct department, and the burden rates were updated.

I know this will take effect on future new jobs.  However, we need current unreleased jobs to be updated with the new burden rates. 

Modifying each job would not be possible due to the number of jobs (432).  Does Epicor have a utility to updated all these unreleased jobs with the new burden rates, or is there a way to perform a mass update?

I’m thinking using DMT would be an option.

5 replies

Userlevel 3

@garyb  I just checked our DMT (Kinetic 2021.1) and the Job Operation table is listed, along with the fields SetUp Burden Rate and Prod Burden Rate.  Create a BAQ to pull the 400+ jobs you indicated in your message above.

To create the DMT file in Excel, you will need the following fields as they are the key to this table:

Company

Plant

JobNum

AssemblySeq

OprSeq

OpCode

and then the new burden rate value for both Setup and Production, if you need to align both.  If you only need to change one field, only include that field.

DMT is an overwrite process, so if you do not want to change a value, do not include the field in the upload file.

Userlevel 3

Sorry forgot to mention:

If you have approved labor records within these 400+ jobs, DMT will not recalculate the burden amount  which has already been posted to the G/L.  To change the values in the G/L, you will have to create a manual Journal Entry to increase/decrease the account value to align with the new rate.

Thanks Glenn.  We don’t have any labor records on these jobs since they are not yet released so that shouldn’t be an issue.

DMT is the way to go then.

Thanks.

I updated the rates using DMT, so unrleased jobs showed correct.  As we changed the new burden rates, they were picked up with the next labor entry batch from the resource.

Things are good now.  Just need to do the journal entries to correct the department buckets.

Userlevel 3

Sounds like you have everything under control.