Question

RMA Processing

• 15 April 2021
  • 2 replies

We are working on implementing the RMA process in Epicor 10, but during my initial trial of the application I have found an unusual issue.  

Every thing goes smoothly until I go to input the Receipt in the Receipts Tab in Return Material Authorization.  When I add the receipt it requires a Warehouse and Bin, but the warehouse drop down is greyed out.  It won’t let me get pass this since the warehouse and bin are both required fields.  

To make matters more confusing, it is not greyed out for every customer or even every sales order shipment type.  See examples:

Customer A:

Stock shipped parts- Able to enter warehouse

Job shipped - Able to enter warehouse

Customer B:

Job Shipped - Unable to enter warehouse

Customer C:

Stock shipped - Able to enter warehouse

Job Shipped - Unable to enter warehouse

Customer D:

Job Shipped - Able to enter warehouse

I am not sure what I am missing.  I have tried several customers and several orders and I get the same result.  Some work as expected and some don’t without any rhyme or reason.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

We have each part assigned to at least one warehouse using part maintenance. But, there is also Site Warehouse Defaults in the Site Configuration → Modules → Inventory → General → Details and Company Warehouse defaults in Company Configuration → Modules → All Modules → General that has to be setup.

Thank you for information.  I never looked at part maintenance to see if a primary warehouse was set up.  Looking at it now, no warehouse was set up on the parts that had the warehouse as greyed out.  

Makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks again.